What's wrong with my phantom 3 standard!?

I'm not real sure I guess video first but will it initiate rth if the video and telemetry go out? I can fly it then upload the logs to healthy drones if that would be useful.

RTH automatically kicks in when 5.8Ghz control signal is lost to the aircraft.

RTH can be initiated by flyer using S2 switch if only 2.4 fails and you still have 5.8.

RTH can be cancelled to regain manual control for landing by S1 switch if you have 5.8 link.

Nigel

RTH automatically kicks in when 5.8Ghz control signal is lost to the aircraft.

RTH can be initiated by flyer using S2 switch if only 2.4 fails and you still have 5.8.

RTH can be cancelled to regain manual control for landing by S1 switch if you have 5.8 link.

Nigel
Either way the rth is being initiated automatically

Either way the rth is being initiated automatically

Not so ....

It only kicks in for :

Loss of 5.8Ghz control signal

Your battery is running down and you only have enough to return home (as long as wind etc. is not against it !)

Controller falls apart.

It will NOT kick in for 2.4Ghz loss of signal ... with that all you will know is that no longer do you know where aircraft is when out of sight, you will not have auto RTH. What will happen if you let go sticks when it happens - aircraft will HOVER at that point waiting you to do something. 5.8Ghz control is still there - so if you cannot see it or are unsure of orientation - flick S2 switch to trigger RTH manually.
Once it gets close and you see it ... flick S1 to cancel RTH and then fly manually by sight in to landing.

Personally my advice to anyone learning the ins and outs of these P3S ... is to use the S2 and S1 switches ... forget about trying to restart App's .... Get the model back to home and landed - THEN start trying to sort out video etc. That way while in learning stages - at least you have model there and safe !
Trying to fix while in the air out of sight is a recipe for run-down battery, possible failure to reconnect, panic !!
Lets take walking steps to knowledge and solutions .....

Nigel

Thanks but I'm saying my aircraft is being put into rth automatically, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks but I'm saying my aircraft is being put into rth automatically, sorry for the misunderstanding.

My apology then ... your later post in relation to mine before it, gave indication of auto initiate for 2.4 and 5.8.

If you are experiencing auto initiate RTH - then that means 5.8Ghz control signal is broken for a second or so and the aircraft defaults to RTH. It makes no difference if 2.4Ghz is still connected.

If you can put up with video ... watch this ... at 4525m RTH kicks in .... but video still there ...

Here's an earlier video when 2.4 video gives out but model does not RTH ... about 1 - 2 mins into flight App and 2.4 fails ... model waits for me hovering but its out of sight behind trees. I resisted the 'brown trouser' moment, regained her and flew rest of 'mission' ...

Hope they help.

Nigel

Alright so my understanding of how rth works is correct, I posted my most recent fly log, my new record btw.. in the notifications section there's a part that says "83%battery maximum distance reached" so is this the Problem? And why would it rth at 83% if that's the case, my battery warning and critical warnings are 30% and 10%

Your Flight log in earlier post - I cannot read the CSV etc....

But one question : why is the Mode changing so often in the notes under the flight map ?

Flight time Altitude Home Distance Type Notification
A 00m 00s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B 00m 02s -1.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
C 00m 02s -1.0 ft 0 ft Warning Return-to-Home Altitude:246FT
D 00m 02s -1.0 ft 0 ft Tip Taking off
E 00m 08s 7.2 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
F 01m 08s 317.6 ft 59 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
G 01m 09s 317.3 ft 59 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
H 01m 19s 316.3 ft 55 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_CL
02m 09s 340.9 ft 935 ft
airdata-kml-bat-90p.png

90% Battery
I 03m 05s 392.7 ft 1,698 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 9.1 seconds
J 03m 06s 392.7 ft 1,697 ft Warning Maximum Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust altitude in MC Settings if required.
K 03m 26s 391.7 ft 1,696 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
L 03m 26s 391.7 ft 1,696 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
03m 37s 392.4 ft 1,863 ft
airdata-kml-bat-80p.png

83% Battery at maximum distance
M 04m 09s 392.1 ft 1,773 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 31.8 seconds
N 04m 09s 392.1 ft 1,773 ft Mode Mode changed to Go_Home
04m 15s 392.7 ft 1,567 ft
airdata-kml-bat-80p.png

80% Battery
O 05m 02s 392.7 ft 78 ft Mode Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect
P 05m 02s 393.4 ft 68 ft Mode Mode changed to Go_Home
Q 05m 07s 393.0 ft 8 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoLanding
R 05m 07s 393.0 ft 8 ft Warning Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home
S 05m 09s 393.0 ft 4 ft Mode Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect
T 05m 10s 393.4 ft 6 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoLanding
06m 25s 13.5 ft 8 ft
airdata-kml-bat-70p.png

70% Battery

Do you fly with S1 switch fully UP in position 1 which gives you full GPS mode ... shown as P-GPS ?

In your MC Settings ... do you have "Distance Limit" enabled or OFF ?

I wonder if you have set up the User settings to allow unlimited range etc. ?

Nigel

Here's an earlier video when 2.4 video gives out but model does not RTH ... about 1 - 2 mins into flight App and 2.4 fails ... model waits for me hovering but its out of sight behind trees.

The words missing there are : The model waits for me hovering because 5.8GHz control signal is still intact and operating, I have let go of sticks on seeing video fail .....

Nigel

And to the question as to modes changing so often, I set it to course lock then at the 1700 mark I turned it off, changed it to p-gps mode, I'm not sure about everything else.

BTW that 1st video you posted makes me sad and jealous at the same time because I can't get anywhere close to them distances! Haha

Dunno .... seems all a bit strange.

Nigel

BTW that 1st video you posted makes me sad and jealous at the same time because I can't get anywhere close to them distances! Haha

That video shows what standard Argtek with two Windsurfers glued together as a single and fitted to the centre antenna can do.

Twin%20Windsurfers%202_zpsetqm7afv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No powered boosters ... just plain Argtek and the two reflectors.

When I fitted powered boosters to the Argtek - I did not actually beat it by much !!

I've since taken the powered boosters off and reverted to my twin reflectors etc. I only really need 2000m capability so that I know I have 1000m reliable. But it was fun proving the concept. I do have others boosters as well I might try later but in reality once you get out to 4500m or so - the video lag starts to come in due to distance. It really is asking a lot.

Nigel

Probably a stupid question but when I lose fpv and telemetry data, does it stop Recording? Also when I record video it's always choppy like it records the lag.

I can do another flight today with the s1 switch flipped up to p-gps. Not using course lock?

What we need to find out is plain P-GPS max range etc. No fancy bits or mode changes.

I would suggest maxing your Altitude default as well ... I see you have 120m .... give it at least 200m so you can climb to over 100m easily to get best range as you get further out ... if you notice with my vids - the altitude is at over 120m height ....

FYI - I use DU Recorder for Android to record my screen in flight ... so I get a replay of all info shown ... more practical than flight logs but of course for fuller detail the log is the way.
With Litchi - of course - you can download and read logs direct on a PC without need for outside apps etc.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic