What's the verdict of the Pro vs Pro Plus?

I purchased the pro+ but then learned I needed a different controller and an ipad to run mapping software, so now I have both. I was thinking I might end up selling the plus controller, but I don't care much for using an ipad (mini) as my screen, so for anything else other than mapping, I use the plus controller, and wish that could handle mapping applications as well. I think the plus is worth it, even if you have to have two controllers as I do. It's nice to have a built in screen that doesn't wobble, and it's very bright, though a shade would help and I'm going to purchase or make one.

Reactions: cr6
Thank you guys for your input, I really appreciate it!
@John Locke - I was aware of the third party app issue and honestly it's not important to me. I've only used Litchi a few times back when I had my P3P. I honestly haven't seen a need for it on my P4P as there are no real advantages over the Go4 app, other than preplanned waypoints. I don't really use any of the mapping apps like Drone Deploy, but I may in the future so that's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to trade. The size isn't really an issue as my S7 Edge is the same size, so between that & my SpeXman2 goggles I'm good as I installed the HDMI module a couple months ago. I really only wanted the Plus controller for that extra bit of brightness (not a fan of hoods, they've always gotten in the way for me) and liked the idea that it doesn't have a cord dangling from it. I also like having my phone free to accept calls, which obviously I can't do when I'm trying to fly.
I've never had a problem with the Go4 app on my S5 or my S7 Edge, but I've been putting off updating to Nougat since others have complained of issues since that update came out. I was hoping the Plus screen would keep me from delaying that update each day.
I'm still not sure it's worth giving up my regular controller for the Plus model, but a straight up trade is hard to pass up. Then as @nwairphotos mentioned, purchasing a standard P4P controller as a backup to use for those other purposes would be a great option and much easier financially.

You've all given me some good information to work with so thanks again![emoji106]

With normal flying for a photographic mission, I always use my P4P+. It's easy to set up, the controller has a very long battery life, and I can see the screen much better without having to use my goggles (and thus need to have an observer to comply with the FAA).

I recently got the standard controller that I use with my iPad or iPhone to access other APPS, such as for mapping, that don't run on the P4P+.

If you don't do photography, but like to "get lost" in a virtual world using goggles you get more function using a standard controller combined with a nice brand of goggles like the new DJI model. Unfortunately, as you are likely to "get lost in virtual space", you do need to have an observer with you to comply with the FAA.

Reactions: cr6

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94