What Tablet

Reaction score
Hi

I've been flying with a Hudl 2, generally been "OK" but DGI-GO keeps "crashing", so time to upgrade a bit. Looking at either a IPAD2 or NVIDIA SHIELD K1. Have tried my sons IPAD love the quality but a bit big and my budget won't run to a decent "mini".

Anyone using the NVIDIA with a P3P?

Thoughts always valued

Kind regards
Adrian

Try these tips to see if they help your mobile device run better. If they do not work, then try one of the commonly used mobile devices here.

Hi

I've been flying with a Hudl 2, generally been "OK" but DGI-GO keeps "crashing", so time to upgrade a bit. Looking at either a IPAD2 or NVIDIA SHIELD K1. Have tried my sons IPAD love the quality but a bit big and my budget won't run to a decent "mini".

Thoughts always valued

Kind regards
Adrian

yes I've been using the Nivida shield k1 with my P3P for about 4-5 years and never had a single problem with it but I mostly use Litchi, only thing is they are hard to get hold of in the UK now, not sure what it's like where you are

DJI-Go keeps "crashing", so time to upgrade a bit. Looking at either a IPAD2 or NVIDIA SHIELD K1.
The Nvidia used to be one of the best Android tablets but the Go app has put on weight and the K1 doesn't keep up as well as it used to.
The current best Android tablets are the Huawei M3 and M5 8.4 inch tablets..
Both are excellent for performance and value.
The M5 is newer and has a faster processor but I can't find any performance difference between them running DJI Go4.

as I said in post 3 I use litchi for flying and DJI GO only rarely for calibrations etc which cannot be done on litchi, and as for updating I haven't done that for 3-4 years ( my buddy does his every time there's a new update and occasionally has problems) so my DJI GO is still at v 3.1.5 and litchi v 4.0.1, my thoughts are if it's working 100% leave it alone, but each to his own

Reactions: sea157
Hi

Many thanks for the info, beginning to settle on the Ipad 2, there are so many of them about they are much cheaper 2nd hand

Regards
Adrian

I just got a refurbished Lenovo 4 for 99$ US. Followed msingers advice and uninstalled everything I could and I just use Litchi. Flew today with no lag or crashes. Thanks msinger!

I am optimistic though. Not a lot of water got in. I will have to replace a few things but could have been worse.

I use an iPad 2 mini. It does ok for hobby use. Only issues I’ve had is sun glare on occasion before I started using a sun/glare shield, and once it overheated due to the 95* temps and direct sunlight I was subjecting it to.

For hobby use it would be ok. For professional business use, no.

Looks like I'm back with an iPad 2, whilst the tablet is a bit larger than I like, it seems to keep up quite well!

Hi

Thoughts always valued

Kind regards
Adrian
I have been using the K1 with my P4 for 2 years with no issues. I like that it fits in the case with the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT