Update or not update? (PH4)

Reaction score
I have my PH4 with the version
Firmware 01.02.602
RC 1.6.0
DJI GO 3.1.1
DJI GO 4 4.0.7
Devices: iPhone 7Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 (only wify)
I also use Litchi app, its latest version, and it catches my attention that the maps do not include the NFZ zones (with a PH3PRO and in an NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet), the same with the iPad's tablet only a very low exclsion area with the Mavic or the PH4
It is convenient to update the firmware version of the PH?
Will it work with the DJI GO 4 4.0.7?
I do not want to update the DJI GO since I also use it with a Mavic Pro.
regards

You must not have the geofencing 2.0 installed. That is separate from the firmware. I like keeping my birds up to date at all times and have all the fixes and goodies that they have released.

You also have the saying; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It all comes down to personal preferrence. If you want to have it up to date and the possibility of the drone not liking the update, then update.

If it's working great and don't want to risk it, keep it as is.

Your Mavic should work just fine with the latest Go 4 update.

Correct, I do not like to update, that I keep since I had my first PH1.
My question arose to see the new flight modes that added to
the PH4 with the latest version, but entailed contradiction of DJI with respect
to DJI GO apps and firmwares. For example:
My PH3 P works with the DJI GO 2.8.1, this one no longer runs
with the 12.xx, but it is the one recommended by DJI for my firmware and in the
last version I am excluding the PH4.

The same thing happens with the PH4, it works well with the
DJI GO 2.8.1, but if I want to update it I should install the DJI GO 4 4.2.4
(release note DJI) but this version no longer runs with Ios for what I read.
In turn the firmware of the Mavic Pro, DJI recommends the DJI
GO 4.0.7, then I get many questions, I update the PH4 .... will it run well
with the 4.0.7?
and .... honestly, I am already lost among versions,
recommendations, that DJI has with respect to his firm and agreement with apps,
the large number of versions of apps with and without problems (I remember a
version that had come out that recorded the Home Point wrong)

Last edited:
Correct, I do not like to update, that I keep since I had my first PH1.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]My question arose to see the new flight modes that added to
the PH4 with the latest version, but entailed contradiction of DJI with respect
to DJI GO apps and firmwares. For example:
My PH3 P works with the DJI GO 2.8.1, this one no longer runs
with the 12.xx, but it is the one recommended by DJI for my firmware and in the
last version I am excluding the PH4.

The same thing happens with the PH4, it works well with the
DJI GO 2.8.1, but if I want to update it I should install the DJI GO 4 4.2.4
(release note DJI) but this version no longer runs with Ios for what I read.
In turn the firmware of the Mavic Pro, DJI recommends the DJI
GO 4.0.7, then I get many questions, I update the PH4 .... will it run well
with the 4.0.7?
and .... honestly, I am already lost among versions,
recommendations, that DJI has with respect to his firm and agreement with apps,
the large number of versions of apps with and without problems (I remember a
version that had come out that recorded the Home Point wrong)[/COLOR]
Lol I like things simple. I would update everything and use 1 app for everything. Well, in your case, 2 apps since the P3P requires the original Go app.

I have my PH4 with the version
Firmware 01.02.602
RC 1.6.0
DJI GO 3.1.1
DJI GO 4 4.0.7
Devices: iPhone 7Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 (only wify)
I also use Litchi app, its latest version, and it catches my attention that the maps do not include the NFZ zones (with a PH3PRO and in an NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet), the same with the iPad's tablet only a very low exclsion area with the Mavic or the PH4
It is convenient to update the firmware version of the PH?
Will it work with the DJI GO 4 4.0.7?
I do not want to update the DJI GO since I also use it with a Mavic Pro.
regards
I'm in the "if it ain't broke" column.

I'm in the update column, never used to,,had to after driving somewhere , pressed the blue go fly and hello ""locked drone solid red lights) I had to,,dunno how I got it ,, some random selection I thinking,,personally I think it good to update this time in age,there's a lot to stay on top of,,,only thing I hate with updated info is the geo warnings of being inside or close to perimeter for different airspace,,,I now have to travel to avoid this or I have to tick box to accept responsibility for my flight,,I accept all responsibility when I start drone,I don't need a box to tick in the process to make my drone fly every flight,some info good some just spams the device, my 2 cents on that

I'm in the "if it ain't broke" column.
Yes, I think I will stay as I am, even if I miss flight modes, without detracting from the Mavic Pro, which is a great drone, I prefer the camera of my PH4 in quality.
regards

I'm in the update column, never used to,,had to after driving somewhere , pressed the blue go fly and hello ""locked drone solid red lights) I had to,,dunno how I got it ,, some random selection I thinking,,personally I think it good to update this time in age,there's a lot to stay on top of,,,only thing I hate with updated info is the geo warnings of being inside or close to perimeter for different airspace,,,I now have to travel to avoid this or I have to tick box to accept responsibility for my flight,,I accept all responsibility when I start drone,I don't need a box to tick in the process to make my drone fly every flight,some info good some just spams the device, my 2 cents on that
I understand your point of view, but there is a lot of bad background on the part of DJI and its updates, example: an app update that did not record the home point correctly when taking off, before an RTH the drone disappeared; the firmware version 2018 for the PH4 left without flying more than one until January of this year, an update at the time for the RC of the PH3xx caused many problems to users as well.
I fully agree that when you are going to take off, you are absolutely responsible for your actions, I do not need DJI to "prohibit" my flights, for that are the control agencies of each country. When I accept the terms and conditions, I release DJI from any liability, I do not understand its prohibitions.
I have 3 drone models for each model, according to DJI, it corresponds to a certain version of the DJI GO app. Why not make an app for each model, as it did with Osmo Pocket?
Thanks for your contribution.
regards

If I had a nickel for every post that started with “I updated my firmware and now my drone <insert malfunction here>.” ;-)

what would be the best version for a phantom 4 ive got the latest and glitches with the graphics is there anywhere where the older versions are

It is true. For that reason there is always the paradox.

I will continue as before, until there is no other alternative.

what would be the best version for a phantom 4 ive got the latest and glitches with the graphics is there anywhere where the older versions are

Firmware 01.02.602
RC 1.6.0
DJI GO 3.1.1
DJI GO 4 4.0.7
With this combination I have no problems.

The only thing that I can not access the smart flights that have added, does not bother me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic