What Tablet

Have you looked at the Apple refurbished store online.
They have some pretty decent prices.
Hi All

Sorry on the very slow response I have been away, acquired an immaculate iPad 2 completely up to date and down loaded DGI GO, everything is fine till I try to connect when it gets to "how to connect page" and then no further. Have tried new leads, reloading app then my son's iPad 4 that connects with no problem...

on the verge of throwing the whole lot P3P and all in the bin!!!

Any idea's

Hi All

Sorry on the very slow response I have been away, acquired an immaculate iPad 2 completely up to date and down loaded DGI GO, everything is fine till I try to connect when it gets to "how to connect page" and then no further. Have tried new leads, reloading app then my son's iPad 4 that connects with no problem...

on the verge of throwing the whole lot P3P and all in the bin!!!

Any idea's
But you're saying everything still works fine with the iPad4?

Hi

Just checked the DGI GO device list and can't see iPad 2, I was sure it was there but must have made a mistake!

Time to give up I think!

Hi

Just checked the DGI GO device list and can't see iPad 2, I was sure it was there but must have made a mistake!

Time to give up I think!

I have noticed a small change in listing during the run this year ... despite suggestions it hasn't ... well so it appears ... as my Nexus was top of the list before ... now its a much later Nexus on the list.

Nigel

Hi

Time to give up I think!
I started with an ASUS Zenpad before I snatched up my NVIDIA Shield. Still works good and won't break the bank.
ASUS ZenPad S8 8" (2048x1536) 32GB Black Tablet - Z580C-B1-BK. About $225 right now.

Nexus Vers 2 16gb is about $150 refurb online ...

Nigel

Don't forget also that versions of Android after 6.x are actually 3rd party versions and not official Google Android. That is why Nexus and similar do not upgrade to 7 and later unless you force upgrade.

But the main point for IOS or Android is once you have the right OS - it then needs plenty of processing / memory resources. Its no good having Android 7 and small resources ... you'd actually be better of with Android 5 or 6 with large resources. Same goes for IOS

Nigel
Each vendor takes the open source version of Android and makes their own proprietary changes. That's the way it has been since the start of Android, it didn't start with Android 6. In order to bundle the Google apps (Play, Maps, etc), their implementation must meet the requirements of the Android Compatibility Definition Document.

Reactions: Meta4
Each vendor takes the open source version of Android and makes their own proprietary changes. That's the way it has been since the start of Android, it didn't start with Android 6. In order to bundle the Google apps (Play, Maps, etc), their implementation must meet the requirements of the Android Compatibility Definition Document.

I know that .. pal of mine is a Developer of Android Apps as well as one of the best IT / Networks guys along with FPV / Multi Rotor / General RC I know.

I should have worded a little better that Official Google own Android is 6.xx version and they themselves have not issued a later version. But other companys have issued updated versions. The problem there though is the ACDD is too open for strict interpretation and has led to various 3rd party Android versions having compatibility problems with various apps. This is part of the reason why Google Play Store will tell you if your tablet / phone are compatible with the App you want to download / install.

Anyway - back to my original point ... the later version of android does not automatically mean better performance of Go etc. if it does not have the processing and resources to support. My Nexus with 6 will outperform many later Android version gear I see for that reason. My Mediatech Chinese cheapo from Banggood also will put to shame many well known brands for same reason.

If I was buying again ... I would go for latest Nexus with maximum ROM / RAM possible ... even my outdated Nexus vers 2 16Gb is still a good machine on the P3 series, the 32Gb Nexus vers 2 is a very good machine ..IF you can get anyone to sell it to you !!

Nigel

I currently have a 8" galaxy tab 3 (which works fine no probs) and are looking at a crystal sky unit as an upgrade just so I can see more of the screen in daylight

I currently have a 8" galaxy tab 3 (which works fine no probs) and are looking at a crystal sky unit as an upgrade just so I can see more of the screen in daylight

mmmmmm according to various posts I've read on some forums, the Crystal Sky experience may not be all its cracked up to be.

Nigel

Hi All

Many thanks for the info, think I'm now leaning towards a Nexus 9 or 10 or possibly a Shield K1

Need to get sorted as there is lots to fly around here in Sussex:)

Regards
Adrian

Hi Nigel

Is your Nexus a "9" ?

Kind regards
Adrian

nope ... its the Nexus Vers 2 16Gb .... (some call it the Nexus 2012 .... ).

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Many thanks, feel like I'm going in circles at present, as fast as I identify a suitable device someone seems to have problems with it! The Nexus 9 is on the "approved" list, but I see threads where people can't get it to work correctly, perhaps if android it is the K1 I need?

Kind regards
Adrian

Dunno ... all I know is my Nexus Vers 2 works fine with my P3P ... yes I get occasional blips and drop out ... but its a computer at end of the day and lets be honest no computer of any description is rock solid - Mac .. Android .. or PC ... seems to be par for the market !!

Personally I hate IOS / Mac .. so bit unfair of me to comment on that aspect. I like Android ... my Mediatech from Banggood is excellent.

Nigel

The Nexus 9 is on the "approved" list
perhaps if android it is the K1 I need?

With all due respect, can't you find a current device within your budget? The Nexus 9 and K1 are both 5 years old!... old CPUs, low Ram, no warranty

You might want to look into a new Hauwei Mediapad T3

Hi Nigel

I have always been a "windows" man so either way I tend to struggle a bit, but do find android easier to understand (must be getting old!!) I think I'm going to just have to go for something and see how it works.

I guess you are Hampshire based?

Cheers
Ad

You must be first person on a forum to understand the Solentlife !! Its a name I got from fellow Yachties when I had my yacht in the Solent.

Now it sits at bottom of my garden out here in Latvia ready to sail the Baltic or over 40kms of wide deep river.

IOS may be easy to use generally but I do not agree with iTunes and that crap ... and the stupid price tags. Android is good .. gets knocked by the 'iPad crowd' with their girly toys ... but I can live with that.

My Mediatech has twin 3G sim ... 64gb .... fast processing and is less than 1/2 price of a cheap iPad ...

My Nexus was $150 refurb with G'tee of eBay ....

Nigel

Hi All

With regards "The Nexus 9 and K1 are both 5 years old!... old CPUs, low Ram, no warranty You might want to look into a new Hauwei Mediapad T3" if the T3 will do the job I'm buying one immediately!

I used to sail with friends in the Solent (from Northney Marina), what are you sailing Nigel?

Kind regards All

Adrian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119