What tablet is everyone using?

Reaction score
I thought about getting a Samsung Tab 4 and I was wondering if anyone else uses it. I don't think I need the Tab S to fly a Phantom 3. I need your input!

The Tab 4 will work.

to get the best performance I would run a ipad mini.. Best bang for the buck and can pick them up refurb for about $200-250

An iPad Mini 2 or 3 though :)

I use iPad Air 2. It's still as hard to see in the sun as any of them. I have a sunshade and anti-glare screen coming soon. Hope it helps. I did fly in the shade of a tree yesterday............... that made it a LOT easier to see the screen.

Not sure who suggested the Tab 4, but I picked up a tab 4 7 inch from Costco last week and it barely works on the phantom 3, I have serious lag and choppy video when I am watching. Has anyone used the 8 inch tab S? How does it run, smooth, choppy? I really don't want to switch to an iPad, not that I have a problem with them, I just don't have any other apple products, and also, I don't believe most of the non cell iPad have GPS, which is a must have for dynamic home point, or any of the new features that DJI is supposedly going to enable on the pilot app, Right?

Nexus 7 II (2013) as well. No issues so far...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

A blast from the past :)

I have a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Not sure who suggested the Tab 4, but I picked up a tab 4 7 inch from Costco last week and it barely works on the phantom 3, I have serious lag and choppy video when I am watching. Has anyone used the 8 inch tab S? How does it run, smooth, choppy? I really don't want to switch to an iPad, not that I have a problem with them, I just don't have any other apple products, and also, I don't believe most of the non cell iPad have GPS, which is a must have for dynamic home point, or any of the new features that DJI is supposedly going to enable on the pilot app, Right?
I have a Tab S 10.5 that I use sometimes, and it works great. Wish I could find a sunshield for it.

I have an old iPad mini 1 (A1432) that I got for free with Canon 6D. It does "run" DJI and Litchi but VERY SLOW (otherwise it would still be adequate for me).

So I'm getting a new tablet to use DJI P3P (with presbyopia even a large iPhone 6 might not do). What would you iOS users suggest as a longish-term investment:

iPad mini 4 (A8 64-bit 7.9")

iPad Air 2 (A8 64-bit 9,4")

iPad Pro (A9 64-bit 9.7")

I guess all those are OK. iPad mini form factor still fits into the stock RC so I guess I should buy extra gear to attach a bigger iPad, right? An cellular model with a built-in GPS might be useful sometimes?

The iPad Air 2 will fit in the remote controller holder too (if it's not in a case). You'll only need GPS on your mobile device if you plan on using the Follow Me feature or need to reset the home point to your current location after takeoff.

Reactions: matti
The Air 2 will fit in the stock holder, but just barely, and not really with any kind of case on the tablet.
I would also recommend replacing the plastic bracket that attaches the holder to the RC with a metal one if you want to use a larger tablet.

I use one of the 3D printed extensions to hold my 10.5" Galaxy Tab S, and it took some mods (to the extension) to get it to work right and feel secure. I expect it would be a similar process with the Pro.

Reactions: matti

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers