What landing gear/skid should I get for my Phantom 2 v2.0?

Reaction score
I got a great deal on a Phantom 2 v2.0 used that was missing some bits and pieces so I have the choice initially buy some non-stock parts. I'm going to be flying with a GoPro Hero 4 + gimbal + TS832 transmitter.

What landing gear/skid should I buy? I've ordered one of the anti-static landing gear stock DJI part (part#16; still need to order a 2nd leg) but I'm considering just extracting the antistatic module from it if there's 3rd party landing skid solution that provides some additional benefits. Not looking invest a ton of money but if there's a 3rd party solution that provides some real benefit over the stock DJI part, I thought I might as well start with that. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I noticed that the antistatic doesnt all match the height of older pv or p2 . I opted for after market tall/ wide landing gear then electrical taped anti compass/sheild shimmed in proper location on leg. The wide gear gives extra clearance the gopro deserves with its wide view. The copter drifted a little after first install, i adjust compass slightly til solid gps lock .. Flown many hrs since

I noticed that the antistatic doesnt all match the height of older pv or p2 . I opted for after market tall/ wide landing gear then electrical taped anti compass/sheild shimmed in proper location on leg. The wide gear gives extra clearance the gopro deserves with its wide view. The copter drifted a little after first install, i adjust compass slightly til solid gps lock .. Flown many hrs since

In what way did you "adjust the compass"? How important is it that the compass is solidly attached the landing skid? I'm also using tape to attach my compass but tape has some room for flex, so I'm wondering if this could pose an issue in flight (haven't flown with modified setup yet).

Also, what model(s) of tall/wide landing skid are good when you have a go pro and gimbal attached? There are loads of options on Amazon ranging $3-$100+ and I'm not sure which one to get.

My compass is attached to black cheap flimsy wide landing here with electrical black tape and a cardboard Shannon towards the bottom of the compass so it can be straight vertical .I just think it was consisted of re-taping it and remodeling it on the landing here to the front or back lot right now counterclockwise so is it straight with the bird

Here is an option for mounting that maintains the original position. Just need some longer screws for that leg.
image.jpg

Reactions: Airborne
I didn't think mine thru, but my goal was to never have the leg show in a video again, so I wacked all four off above where they would ever show and then some. Then made a H shape pvc stand tall enough to clear my TX antenna and camera and gimbal. Each pipe (length based on how much clearance needed for under carriage equipment) facing up rotates on a 90 degree elbow attached to the ends of the H, and is custom positioned with a sealed end approx 1/4" down from the top so each leg just sits in its spot. Once the uprights are positioned to accept all four cut off legs perfect, then the H shape stand is glued at all joints to hold its shape. A section of bungee cord was mounted permanently to one side of the H with a slot dremeled into other side of the H that the bungee clips into. Its crude but cheap and has the benefit of reducing a little weight and wind drag while flying. I place in my takeoff spot, un-clip the bungee, and it lifts right off. I always catch when landing, and it easily sets down on the stand, then I pull the bungee over the top of drone and clip in spot made on stand. Once bungee is on, it becomes one piece now and can be carried as would before, its sturdy. Note: Cut off the hooks on the bungee if they have them to avoid any iron or steel around the compass, I heated the ends to form into shape needed to clip into the H frame.

I didn't think mine thru, but my goal was to never have the leg show in a video again, so I wacked all four off above where they would ever show and then some. Then made a H shape pvc stand tall enough to clear my TX antenna and camera and gimbal. Each pipe (length based on how much clearance needed for under carriage equipment) facing up rotates on a 90 degree elbow attached to the ends of the H, and is custom positioned with a sealed end approx 1/4" down from the top so each leg just sits in its spot. Once the uprights are positioned to accept all four cut off legs perfect, then the H shape stand is glued at all joints to hold its shape. A section of bungee cord was mounted permanently to one side of the H with a slot dremeled into other side of the H that the bungee clips into. Its crude but cheap and has the benefit of reducing a little weight and wind drag while flying. I place in my takeoff spot, un-clip the bungee, and it lifts right off. I always catch when landing, and it easily sets down on the stand, then I pull the bungee over the top of drone and clip in spot made on stand. Once bungee is on, it becomes one piece now and can be carried as would before, its sturdy. Note: Cut off the hooks on the bungee if they have them to avoid any iron or steel around the compass, I heated the ends to form into shape needed to clip into the H frame.
Any chance you could post a picture?

Reactions: thejetdog
I bought a half way decent third party landing gear, they are red taller and wider, I got these to avoid the legs ever showing in a video after the fact

My question is, are there any tips on relocating the compass and other things that are too big to fit through the holes in my new landing gear?

The new holes are big but the compass and that other fairly wide jack won't fit without being cut off and fed through and re soldered

Matthew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues