Polarpro Landing Gear for DJI Phantom 3 - Can anyone help ? *** Quest complete *** Happy ending *** See last post ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all.

I had a set of Polarpro Landing Gear for the DJI Phantom 3, they have mysteriously gone missing. I have hunted hi and low on the internet to replace them but so far no joy. There are some in the USA but they don't post to the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction please, I'd like to buy 2 pairs. They must be Polarpro as the much cheaper copies are far too flimsy and poorly made ... I know this because I purchased the cheaper set and they are terrible. Any help and I'm in your debt. Many Thanks.

Is this what you are talking about? DJI Phantom PolarPro 3 Landing Gear Stabilizers Professional Advanced new | eBay But from experience I know that you sometimes don't get what's described, so may not actually be Polarpro.

If it is, this supplier will ship to the UK, albeit at a cost of about GBP13. You could possibly negotiate with the seller to get the GBP13 cost for the 2nd set waived/reduced.

(Later) No sorry, my mistake. You can't negotiate on postage as it automatically goes on Ebay's International Shipping Program, so the seller has no choice in the matter.

Last edited:
Is this what you are talking about? DJI Phantom PolarPro 3 Landing Gear Stabilizers Professional Advanced new | eBay But from experience I know that you sometimes don't get what's described, so may not actually be Polarpro.

If it is, this supplier will ship to the UK, albeit at a cost of about GBP13. You could possibly negotiate with the seller to get the GBP13 cost for the 2nd set waived/reduced.

(Later) No sorry, my mistake. You can't negotiate on postage as it automatically goes on Ebay's International Shipping Program, so the seller has no choice in the matter.
Hi Steve7777, yes that is what they look like. I saw those you pointed out this morning, described as 'Polarpro' but my concern is they aren't as it says they are 'open box', I don't mid the cost just so long as I get the right / correct ones. Buying the items from someone that sales clothing etc doesn't fill me with confidence. Thanks for your assistance though, much appreciated.

I'll bet that the same ones fit both P3 and P4. I bought a set on ebay. There were many sellers of them, and they're cheap.

Hi all.

I had a set of Polarpro Landing Gear for the DJI Phantom 3, they have mysteriously gone missing. I have hunted hi and low on the internet to replace them but so far no joy. There are some in the USA but they don't post to the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction please, I'd like to buy 2 pairs. They must be Polarpro as the much cheaper copies are far too flimsy and poorly made ... I know this because I purchased the cheaper set and they are terrible. Any help and I'm in your debt. Many Thanks.

Some shop sells them here in the Netherlands. 38.90 euro.
Polar pro phantom landing gear.

Hi Steve7777, yes that is what they look like. I saw those you pointed out this morning, described as 'Polarpro' but my concern is they aren't as it says they are 'open box', I don't mid the cost just so long as I get the right / correct ones. Buying the items from someone that sales clothing etc doesn't fill me with confidence. Thanks for your assistance though, much appreciated.

I've got a set of the cheap ones which cost almost nothing but are, as you say, a bit 'flexible'. Their strength and rigidity can be improved by adding strong tape or even cable ties to hold them in place. If you have no joy in getting some Polarpro ones, I'm sure some inbuilt lightweight reinforcement could easily be done to the cheaper variety. I believe mine cost 3 or 4 GBP - and 39 euros or even GBP11-odd + postage seems a vast amount to pay.

That said, I almost never use mine as I just can't be bothered to pop them off every time I put my P3P back in its case...

Reactions: Astrix
I prefer the inexpensive cheaper ones. Their flexibility is what will more likely save your drone, and I'd rather have them break than the Phantom legs.

I prefer the inexpensive cheaper ones. Their flexibility is what will more likely save your drone, and I'd rather have them break than the Phantom legs.

I hear what your saying but all the Polarpro stuff is good quality and lasts. The only accessories I buy is either DJI OEM, Polarpro and or PGYTech ... I tend to stay away from anything else. I spend a fortune on Drones ( if only the missus knew !! ) and I don’t want a malfunction or risky situation due to a cheap part. My original Polarpro landing gear was brilliant, well made, sturdy, easy on / off and a brilliant fit so no need for zip ties etc.

The page wouldn’t translate for some reason. I tried to purchase but it appears to be out of stock ... it’s like hunting for the Golden Fleece !!! Thanks very much for your effort though, the quest continues [emoji106]
yeah even BOL.com dont sell them anymore. I am buying a set from Aliexpress to look at. If they are not sturdy I will add a strip from a wired garden fence. That will be strong enough and use cable ties on them if need be. I have a hard case back pack so poking deeper holes in the protective case to allow me to store the drone with them fitted will be easy.

yeah even BOL.com dont sell them anymore. I am buying a set from Aliexpress to look at. If they are not sturdy I will add a strip from a wired garden fence. That will be strong enough and use cable ties on them if need be. I have a hard case back pack so poking deeper holes in the protective case to allow me to store the drone with them fitted will be easy.

They seem to be as rare as chickens teeth. I have emailed Polarpro to see if they can help. In the mean time I think I found a pair on Amazon Global so I’ve gone ahead with the purchase ... fingers crossed. If I can find anymore I will try and buy them then sell them on this site (not for profit) to help others out who want them.

The Polarpro ones are sturdy so you can clip them on / off thus no need for wire, cable ties or poking big holes in your case.

There seems to be quite a few available in the USA but they don’t do international shipping. I wonder if any of our American friends on this site can help us out ?

Available in the US but not the rest of the planet that's what happens when you have Trump running the ship.

Available in the US but not the rest of the planet that's what happens when you have Trump running the ship.

Even less chance of getting them if he builds his wall !! Lol lol lol. It’ll be like the Berlin blockade .... lol lol lol

Reactions: Optikn3rv
They seem to be as rare as chickens teeth. I have emailed Polarpro to see if they can help. In the mean time I think I found a pair on Amazon Global so I’ve gone ahead with the purchase ... fingers crossed. If I can find anymore I will try and buy them then sell them on this site (not for profit) to help others out who want them.

The Polarpro ones are sturdy so you can clip them on / off thus no need for wire, cable ties or poking big holes in your case.

There seems to be quite a few available in the USA but they don’t do international shipping. I wonder if any of our American friends on this site can help us out ?

UPDATE ......

I mentioned in my post that I emailed Polarpro, to be honest it was a total shot in the dark and didn’t expect a reply.

I have just received an email back from Polarpro customer support, someone called Paz with brilliant news.

He stated they no longer make them but he has some from previous orders in stock. If I send him my shipping address he will send me out what he has free of charge ... of course I replied immediately !!

I’m chuffed with this and quite impressed if I’m honest ... it’s certainly restored my faith in these large companies who seem to be a little faceless and un-human (if that is such a word) at times. So it appears my quest is finally at an end. Fingers crossed the package doesn’t go missing in transit.

UPDATE ......

I mentioned in my post that I emailed Polarpro, to be honest it was a total shot in the dark and didn’t expect a reply.

I have just received an email back from Polarpro customer support, someone called Paz with brilliant news.

He stated they no longer make them but he has some from previous orders in stock. If I send him my shipping address he will send me out what he has free of charge ... of course I replied immediately !!

I’m chuffed with this and quite impressed if I’m honest ... it’s certainly restored my faith in these large companies who seem to be a little faceless and un-human (if that is such a word) at times. So it appears my quest is finally at an end. Fingers crossed the package doesn’t go missing in transit.

Thats excellent news but also bad as now you know they are no longer gonna make them.

Thats excellent news but also bad as now you know they are no longer gonna make them.

Aghhh yes but ... they are that well made I shouldn’t need another set [emoji106] (unless I misplace them again). Plus they are sending a couple of pairs. Before I emailed them I found a pair on Amazon Global, a seller in the USA had 1 pair and shipped internationally so I purchased them. Having none to begin with I’ll end with 3 pairs fingers crossed [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] A set for each of my Phantoms and a spare [emoji41]

Last edited:
Reactions: Optikn3rv
Aghhh yes but ... they are that well made I shouldn’t need another set [emoji106] (unless I misplace them again). Plus they are sending a couple of pairs. Before I emailed them I found a pair on Amazon Global, a seller in the USA had 1 pair and shipped internationally so I purchased them. Having none to begin with I’ll end with 3 pairs fingers crossed [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] A set for each of my Phantoms and a spare [emoji41]

buy a 3d printer and have an unlimited supply.

Reactions: Astrix
UPDATE ......

*** QUEST COMPLETE - HAPPY ENDING ***

So today I received a parcel in the post from Polarpro. True to their word I received 2 x pairs of extended landing gear free of charge ... I’m a happy man. Thank you Polarpro !!! Paz in particular.

IMG_1042.jpg
IMG_1041.jpg

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl