Landing gear extensions for Phantom 4 pro.

Today was the third time someone has run over my launch pad. Each time was commercial flights at commercial properties.

But I always park way out in the lot where there is nothing around me. My launch pad is within a few feet of my truck. So in a ginormous lot, with nothing around me, someone has to drive right next to my truck and miss seeing a bright yellow disc that is 2 ft across. :mad:

View attachment 78634

Just a thought...
Some college students did an experiment where they placed a rubber turtle in the middle of the street and videotaped drivers' reactions to it. Some people swerved to avoid it, while others went out of their to run it over... just sayin'. You can't make this stuff up.. I dare you to try!

Last edited:
I have not being flying very long, but have found the easiest launch pad for me is the back seat floor mat from my van. I don't have to "remember" to bring it and it is heavy enough to stay in place. Plus if someone runs over it, no problem. Just my two cents.

Reactions: FunN4lo and REL57
This is the gear extension that I found to work well on my P4. Brand is Polar Pro. Purchased at Best Buy. The camera is raised about 3/8", but I gained a more stability when landing in grass. I don't find that it interferes with the photography aspect.
IMG_1489863706.091494.jpg

Last edited:
Exit 4.... the props are dyed with Rit dye. There are lengthy chats on this forum covering how to dye and decorate your props without changing the delicate balance. This was a first attempt which did not work as I had hoped. Lol. Use a Sharpie Fine Point to scribe the black lines. Possibilities are limitless. Good luck...

Exit 4.... the props are dyed with Rit dye. There are lengthy chats on this forum covering how to dye and decorate your props without changing the delicate balance. This was a first attempt which did not work as I had hoped. Lol. Use a Sharpie Fine Point to scribe the black lines. Possibilities are limitless. Good luck...
Cool, thanks.

I highly recommend you "hand catch" as opposed to landing after a flight. There are several threads and a great video by mslinger demoing the proper way to do it.

I had one minor mishap powering down my P4 when I landed it after my first flight. I have hand caught it after every flights since. These have a high center of gravity in any event. Raising that without widening the stance of the gear much will make it even more prone to tip IMHO.
Good luck with your hand catch. I had a mishap with a Phantom 4 with carbon fiber props. Like to cut my finger off with cuts all over my hand. Bloody mess. I'm probably lucky one prop broke. A better landing gear extension for the Phantom 4. $10
4pcs 3D Printed Landing Skid Gear Gimbal Protector Shockproof For Phantom 4 | eBay

s-l500.jpg

Today was the third time someone has run over my launch pad. Each time was commercial flights at commercial properties.

But I always park way out in the lot where there is nothing around me. My launch pad is within a few feet of my truck. So in a ginormous lot, with nothing around me, someone has to drive right next to my truck and miss seeing a bright yellow disc that is 2 ft across. :mad:

View attachment 78634
I would start thinking about getting even. Maybe nails, or roofing nails.

Reactions: FunN4lo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers