What happens if you cut the engines mid air, can you turn them back on and save the P3

a better option would be to allow us to press the home or power button on the radio 3 times rapidly. The problem with the current CSC is that some props start spinning faster and it goes outta control while waiting for the CSC to take effect...
It could have saved me from a lot of cleaning when I placed my p3 on a log on the beach to take off. When I activated the motors and they did their 3 burst spool up it unbalanced the p3 and it tipped over upside down into the sand. The props almost did stop, but then when I hit CSC some props started spinning faster and blasted sand all over the p3... had to open her up and clean out some sand....

I would prefer DJI put CSC function into a dedicated kill switch on the remote with a flip cover you have to lift up first and then combo that with a stick movement. Stick position alone for a CSC is not a good idea imho.
Someone send this to DJI ASAP I love the idea... We all want simplicity even experienced flyers
DJI have heard it all many times before.
Every month new flyers, imagining accidentally CSCing in flight suggest that all kinds of delay mechanisms would be a good idea.
They don't understand that CSC isn't something that will happen accidentally or that when you want an emergency stop, you don't need delays included.
Experienced flyers know that it's not an issue that you need to worry about.

a better option would be to allow us to press the home or power button on the radio 3 times rapidly. The problem with the current CSC is that some props start spinning faster and it goes outta control while waiting for the CSC to take effect...
No .. CSC is instant.
Just try it with your props off.
If you were to CSC in flight, your Phantom would drop like a stone - it wouldn't go out of control and there's be no waiting for it to activate.
CSC is INSTANT

Reactions: Jacob
I fly my P2 NV mostly in either Atti. or Manual as if it is a sport craft.

I can assure you I have banged the sticks around in ways which newbies and photographers never will.

I've yet to experience CSC in flight.

Typical web-lore hysteria.

Disagree... In the case of an emergency.. by the time you find the flip cover and enable and then CSC, your child would have lost 10 fingers and 3 toes.

I don't think it is an issue in it's current state. However, I like the idea of having to hold in one of the buttons on the back of the remote while you do the CSC.

In this real world, how many seconds does FPV pilot can recognize engines stop and do CSC to restart? Somebody assumes it's 2 seconds, and another 5, but...
If P3 is flying 10m high over you, you can hear the sound and notice immediately, but may lose 1-2 seconds, then she loses 10-20m while that. If P3 sounds cannot be heard, how can we know? By FPV and on screen data (alt), I think I can recognize engines stop after 10 or 30 seconds. On real aircraft, pilot is near the engine but hard to know which engine stops (On Feb 4th this year, Taiwanese aircraft had that accident).
Our P3 don't fly some thousands of feet. When pilot recognize an engine stops, it's already on the ground. :) Be careful not to stop by CSC, and make effort not to stop it.

Doesn't anyone have access to one of those foam pits they use when practicing skateboard and bike tricks? Surely the phantom would survive that?

Based on the weight of the quad, the rate of decent and the time it takes to respond to a restart you would need to be somewhere above 1,000 ft to safely restart and regain control and that's cutting it tight. Any less than that have a bucket handy for the parts. With the U.S. Altitude restrictions we will never be able to recover a CSC restart.

This subject comes up so often, there should be a separate forum for it.

CSC has been in R/C models long before there was a DJI. They didn't invent CSC, they just used long established industry protocols.

"Where the GPS mode has a major role is to balance the quad horizontally, "
No, the GPs has nothing to do with the orientation of the quad. just the Latitude and Longitude. The IMU in the Naza controller determines which side is up.

"With the U.S. Altitude restrictions we will never be able to recover a CSC restart."
There are no restrictions - just guidelines.
But, it's been done.
There was some calculations using a no wind resistance free fall of 4 pounds that determined that in the worst case you would drop 1100 ft in five seconds. A Phantom operator would have to be pretty fast on the sticks to CSC off then on in five seconds, but if you get it running at 100 ft or more, then you may save the Phantom. It will actually right itself in less than a second, but you have all the downward inertia to overcome.

I can tell you one thing, CSC will kill the motors mid-flight. Trust me, I tried it:

I just had an idea. Someone can cast a big net or trampoline and test reassorting the phantom. Gimbal off and there should be zero casualties

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik