Well... That just stinks...

Reaction score
So I bought an iPad Air 2 on eBay (first mistake) and when I got it today I opened it up, turned it on and put my Wi-Fi info in it and it told me the frigging thing was Activation Locked... Not good. I was going to use this with my P4P when it arrives next week.

So I contact the seller and he says he knew it was locked but didn't put it in the description so I told him I want to send it back and get a refund. He says no and that's the last I hear from him. So I do a little digging. Turns out the actual owner had recently done a Find my iPad or whatever from his computer and couldn't find it but when I turned it on apparently it sent some information (possibly) giving the location of the device...

So I contacted eBay and told them I need to settle this quickly (before someone comes knocking on my door). I told them I think it's stolen. They told me to try and contact the seller again and uf he doesn't respond then they will step in on Monday. Pretty quick. Maybe I'll get a refund and they will have me send it to Apple which I have no problem doing. If I can help get this thing back into the owners hands I'm OK with that.

Wish us luck!

Just a lesson that you learned from eBay. I have a eBay account with over 125 transactions (selling and buying) never have this type of issues. The first thing you need to do before you buy anything is to check his percentages, if this person less than 98% I will not buy it. Second, and this may sound unfair but I never buy from someone that have one or two transactions, don't know why but I rather buy from someone with a real store in eBay that have a lot of transactions and 100% of customer satisfaction. Third, the place where the seller is from. If it's outside of the US; check his customer satisfaction rating and how many transactions. I rather prefer to buy from sellers that are in the US. It sucks what happened to you but next time, be careful and double check the seller before buying anything.

Reactions: Pharm
This sounds like s scam. If he activated the "find my iPad" he could go to the police and report it as "stolen" then you could get nicked. Get all receipts ready and give the police a heads up just to be on the safe side. Good luck and I hope you get it resolved

I just had my iPhone stolen. Sounds like you bought a stolen iPad. That's about how the find my phone app works and notification when turned on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl