Help w/ CrystalSky 7.85 High Res

Reaction score
I know this topic for the CS has been discussed to the point that I should be able to figure this out. I just bought a “new to me” CS 7.85 high resolution monitor, hooked everything up, synched drone and controller, went to Go4 (which says it’s updated to most recent at v4.3.16), CS itself is updated to V03.00.02.00, only to view Mapbox at all black. Went back and tried everything from cancelling and restarting Go4 numerous times to doing a whole wash and reboot of the CS. No change. I went outside to put her up in the air to see if that would change things, to no avail. And it could never obtain a home point either. The response from the CS and drone when in flight seemed to lag a bit also. I bought this strictly to have a bigger and brighter screen as I too have realized that Father Time is undefeated. I’ve included a pic of the screen I get when I try to download maps on the CS. EVEN with this map bullfrackaknackle I was considering keeping it just to do live feeds with the HDMI output and my 14 year old son turned me on to screen mirroring to a TV. So, I want to like this thing, can somebody walk this dinosaur, step by step, through how I can get this to work. I have a P4P V2 and an iPhone 13 Pro Max that has the latest V4.3.54 of DjiGo4 on it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79
I know this topic for the CS has been discussed to the point that I should be able to figure this out. I just bought a “new to me” CS 7.85 high resolution monitor, hooked everything up, synched drone and controller, went to Go4 (which says it’s updated to most recent at v4.3.16), CS itself is updated to V03.00.02.00, only to view Mapbox at all black. Went back and tried everything from cancelling and restarting Go4 numerous times to doing a whole wash and reboot of the CS. No change. I went outside to put her up in the air to see if that would change things, to no avail. And it could never obtain a home point either. The response from the CS and drone when in flight seemed to lag a bit also. I bought this strictly to have a bigger and brighter screen as I too have realized that Father Time is undefeated. I’ve included a pic of the screen I get when I try to download maps on the CS. EVEN with this map bullfrackaknackle I was considering keeping it just to do live feeds with the HDMI output and my 14 year old son turned me on to screen mirroring to a TV. So, I want to like this thing, can somebody walk this dinosaur, step by step, through how I can get this to work. I have a P4P V2 and an iPhone 13 Pro Max that has the latest V4.3.54 of DjiGo4 on it. Thanks in advance.
The latest official android GO4 version is v4.3.54 (2022-10-28).
The latest CS version 4.3.16 dates from 2019-04-19.
There have been NO updates for the CS since.

In the meantime MapBox & Google Maps have updated/changed the way their maps are accessible, their Android SDK.

The only way to get maps on the CS is by buying/installing/using Litchi.
Follow these instructions:

Thanks tribar. I think this CS has brought me to the end of my frustration level. Seems like the the old square peg in the round hole thing. Having said that, if anybody is interested in it I could do this:
(1) CrystalSky 7.85 High Res w/ (2) batteries, a charger, and the P4P controller mount for $480
OR
without the P4P mount for $425

Let me know. Peace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20