Vote hate or love the new layout

Posting a thread by days of the week/time instead of by date/time was not a good idea. A post that was posted on Sunday @ 12:29 could have been from January. Who knows!! :confused:

Posts over a week old have the date.

And as for comparing this to Nazi Germany, I might reach that conclusion after Jacob and his team invade a few countries, start a two front war, and kill several million people.

It could totally happen...

I said I'd wait a week, but here's some instant praise. I love that I can hover* over a vague topic thread and see what it's about. Excellent feature.

* Hover with the cursor, not my Phantom.

Questions:
1. Shouldn't there be a button to mark all the P2V+ topics as read? I only see an option to mark all Forums as read under the Forums button.
2. Will we be able to search for members near our physical location again?
After clicking on the forum, there is an option to mark on topics read under that forum. The easiest way to find members near you is to go to the "regional meetup" forum and post there.

I said I'd wait a week, but here's some instant praise. I love that I can hover* over a vague topic thread and see what it's about. Excellent feature.

* Hover with the cursor, not my Phantom.
Yeah, I love that too. Sometimes titles do not explain as much as the first few lines of text do. I'm moving this thread to General Discussion. I didnt realize where it was.

Well it may be here to stay , but it definitely hurts my eyes ! Should be a option to change color. Plus it is clunky on my iPad when I try to make it bigger with my fingers. Also it is harder to find the specific models if you don't need to look.
It don't know why the new color or format is so hard on my eyes.
I like when your viewing your post it's by your latest post.

YES
Hurts my eyes as well - actually making feel a bit sick and getting a migraine!!!

Is there a reason this thread is in the P2V+ forum? Isn't this a general discussion?

I'd like to see mods/admins move threads like this to the appropriate forums.

Well the reason I posted it there was I couldnt FIND the general forum at first!!!
I realised then I had to click on the little house to go home before finding the general one.

The old layout didn't work on mobiles.

At all.

I for one will now start posting again now that the website works on my phone.

Reactions: Jacob
So why not just keep this for mobiles and leave the main site alone.
Seriously I am going to have to stop using this site so much - it does something to my eyes and it hurts.
Such a shame I LOVED this forum so much.
I will be around of course - just cant stare at it for hours.

So why not just keep this for mobiles and leave the main site alone.
Seriously I am going to have to stop using this site so much - it does something to my eyes and it hurts.
Such a shame I LOVED this forum so much.
I will be around of course - just cant stare at it for hours.
I bet you will get used to it. You can use "tapatalk" from the app store on a tablet or phone. It uses a different color scheme.

This might have already been asked but did we lose our bookmarks ?

Not sure what you mean by bookmarks but the old subscribed threads are now watched threads.
The site did lose track of what posts you've read in a particular thread.

I downloaded Tapatalk and tried it it's even more complicated than this new layout. My opinion I don't like the new layout. I can see what you have tried to do,separate every thing. This could have easily been done in the old layout.?
:(

-Still can't upload pictures from my iPad. Most other forums let me..
-when you view your content,it doesn't say who the last person is that replied to your post. So I am having to click into each thread to read for new replies.

If you have a iPhone or iPad you should able to click upload a file, then click choose existing and that should take it to your photo album? It used to work at one point on the old layout.

Got to agree the colour scheme is not appealing, meaning it's not easy to read. you should of kept the old scheme and sectioned things out differently if needed.

It's like a nightmare when I woke up this morning lol. I just wish when I wake up tomorrow it will be go back to normal lol. It's really that bad. You may think you have achieved a better forum i'm not arguing against that point BUT It's not user friendly!

Last edited:
I would guess, and I am just basing this on that one survey someone did on the average age of the P2 owners on here, that based on the average age being 45-55 most people on here were happy with the previous layout and are going to dislike ANY change. I guess there must be a financial or technological advantage they are getting from the switch otherwise it would be a waste of time to do it. If it's a financial advantage, then go for it, everyone loves money and a free forum. If there weren't complaints about the previous layout, search functions, etc., then why change?

-Still can't upload pictures from my iPad. Most other forums let me..
-when you view your content,it doesn't say who the last person is that replied to your post. So I am having to click into each thread to read for new replies.

If you have a iPhone or iPad you should able to click upload a file, then click choose existing and that should take it to your photo album? It used to work at one point on the old layout.

I just tried it on my phone and it works fine. I just clicked "upload a file", then pressed choose existing, then "choose from photos" then upload. Then it all worked.

I would guess, and I am just basing this on that one survey someone did on the average age of the P2 owners on here, that based on the average age being 45-55 most people on here were happy with the previous layout and are going to dislike ANY change. I guess there must be a financial or technological advantage they are getting from the switch otherwise it would be a waste of time to do it. If it's a financial advantage, then go for it, everyone loves money and a free forum. If there weren't complaints about the previous layout, search functions, etc., then why change?
You bring up a great point. Our motive. As many of you remember, there was a server crash a few months ago that took PP offline for a day and caused hundreds if not thousands of posts to be deleted and member data lost. Phpbb is not meant to hold a forum of our size. Also, members were having issues with search, email notifications, etc. Its not uncommon for a site to get a redesign after 3 years.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl