Vote hate or love the new layout

I don't like the color scheme, its a bit messy for me...but what can we do?

Like I have said before. Just give it some time. Spend a few hours looking around over the following days and I can promise you will grow to love it as many have.

Jacob, please can you add general discussions + photos and videos to the top toolbar? These are very popular sub forums from what I can see

The new format is here to stay. It is much better once you get the hang of it. ;)
Well it may be here to stay , but it definitely hurts my eyes ! Should be a option to change color. Plus it is clunky on my iPad when I try to make it bigger with my fingers. Also it is harder to find the specific models if you don't need to look.
It don't know why the new color or format is so hard on my eyes.
I like when your viewing your post it's by your latest post.

I want what ThePhantom has because mine is black and white
Well it may be here to stay , but it definitely hurts my eyes ! Should be a option to change color. Plus it is clunky on my iPad when I try to make it bigger with my fingers. Also it is harder to find the specific models if you don't need to look.
It don't know why the new color or format is so hard on my eyes.
I like when your viewing your post it's by your latest post.

I have a Galaxy 10 and the forum was running fine on it, maybe a tad slow. I don't know if you can get taptalk for iPad, but that might help.

Reading and answering your PM's Jacob would also be a start.

I am shocked and dismayed!

I have watched over these many months as these new owners have changed things around like...well...like they own the place! Sure they've retained most of the moderation staff, and the transition went pretty seamlessly, but did they contact us with all pertinent information so that we might have debated it ad nauseum? No they did not! And I remind you sirs, no one is above our collective ridicule...no one...

Yes, it appears their only intent is to enhance our experience here and in our hobby all the while keeping membership free, but that's how they trick you. Then before you know it they introduce rules and pretty soon it's nazi germany up in this *****.

Well played new owners, well played...
Trust me, i'm not playing anyone. I've been a member on this forum for just under 2 years. Along with the moderators, we are changing things for the better. Name one site about 10,000 members that doesnt have a set of community guidelines. I can't contact 20,000 people to get each of their comments on a site change. I asked many respected members of the community before the move and we adjusted to their concerns.

Trick you into what? You just said the sentence before that the community is #1 and thats 100% correct. We are not playing anyone.

I hate the new layout. Plus when maximizing on a ipad it doesn't work right. I miss the forum jump button on the bottom of a thread. They may use this software on other forums , but the reason I liked the old way , was because it was easy to navigate.
For some reason the color or contrast is not easy on my eyes.
Sees like I have to do more moves to navigate.

Reading and answering your PM's Jacob would also be a start.
I already answered your email. I have never not answered an email/pm. I get hundreds of emails every day, so you cant expect a reply within the hour. To send a PM, you "start a conversation".

I hate the new layout. Plus when maximizing on a ipad it doesn't work right. I miss the forum jump button on the bottom of a thread. They may use this software on other forums , but the reason I liked the old way , was because it was easy to navigate.
For some reason the color or contrast is not easy on my eyes.
Sees like I have to do more moves to navigate.
Try using "tapatalk" the app. We cant customize the website per device, so that app does it for forums. You can type in any post # and go to it. Just scroll over your aircraft on the top and select what you are looking for. This way, replies come from people who share your experiences.

I already answered your email. I have never not answered an email/pm. I get hundreds of emails every day, so yoI' cant expect a reply within the hour. To send a PM, you "start a conversation".
I have a samsung tablet. With the new site, When I want to start a thread or reply to a post...when the keyboard comes up, I can only see one line of what I'm typing or none at all because of the top part of the page. Don't like that at all.

Questions:
1. Shouldn't there be a button to mark all the P2V+ topics as read? I only see an option to mark all Forums as read under the Forums button.
2. Will we be able to search for members near our physical location again?

Change is good and always happening. I like.

Reactions: Jacob
Yes you answered yesterdays PM and it was almost deleted as spam.

I find the new layout is much more mobile friendly, so I'm pleased with that, since I mostly access the site on my phone.

last night it seemed to not have enough contrast--too white.
Now it seems not so much. It maybe my just having used it for a while.
Also now that I found things it is easy to use and in a week not even notice change I am sure.

As a long time windows tech I know how well change goes over , sometimes no matter how you do it or what you do , someone going to be irritated..lol

looks good and I can see the feature depth will allow you to grow/modify as needed

I find it funny one of the complaints was that, without warning, members would be confused. I was confused, too.

Until I remembered: Hey, I know how to read.

As for the new format...I think I'll wait until I'm accustomed to it before complaining/praising. I do appreciate one thing for sure: the attempt to improve and scale the forum. Bravo for that.

And as for comparing this to Nazi Germany, I might reach that conclusion after Jacob and his team invade a few countries, start a two front war, and kill several million people. Until then I prefer a simple analogy, like one of my favorite restaurants changed the menu slightly.

Is there a reason this thread is in the P2V+ forum? Isn't this a general discussion?

I'd like to see mods/admins move threads like this to the appropriate forums.

Trust me, i'm not playing anyone. I've been a member on this forum for just under 2 years. Along with the moderators, we are changing things for the better. Name one site about 10,000 members that doesnt have a set of community guidelines. I can't contact 20,000 people to get each of their comments on a site change. I asked many respected members of the community before the move and we adjusted to their concerns.

Trick you into what? You just said the sentence before that the community is #1 and thats 100% correct. We are not playing anyone.

I might have been a tad sarcastic in my post Jacob...ok really...a lot sarcastic.

I really like everything you've done. :)

Posting a thread by days of the week/time instead of by date/time was not a good idea. A post that was posted on Sunday @ 12:29 could have been from January. Who knows!! :confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik