Vote hate or love the new layout

Reaction score
How about a vote on this?

If enough people complain they MAY listen. Doubt it though very few people like to admit they have got it wrong. They must have spent a lot of money and how can they justify that?

I HATE this new look. It is messy - hurts my eyes - harder to see and find things.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Seriously though they have ruined the best forum I have ever come across. The old one was a joy to use. Why spend so much time and effort wrecking the old one?

If it stays like this I wont be hanging around!!!

Lol I bet they remove this...................

The new format is here to stay. It is much better once you get the hang of it. ;)

Ahh so says a staff member!!!
Any many, many members who took the time to look around. It will grow on you I promise.

Reactions: clackey
It would be nice if someone could create a proper vote thing for people to click on. I dont have a clue how to do this though!

Hey Wibble,
I think you've been voted the official counting machine.

No amount of voting is going to change this. But I would like to comment on the process used for the change for anyone that is listening. The change over to this format was very reminiscent of how DJI handles firmware updates. Sometimes we feel lost in space. In my opinion the proper way to handle changes of this magnitude is to: 1) provide some early warning that changes are to be made so we don't find ourselves wondering if we landed at the wrong site; 2) provide a simple explanation to members on how to do the old things the new way. For instance, to find your posts, you did it xyz....now you select your avatar and select comment. A simple cross reference; 3) explain the things that are new; and 4) explain the things that no longer can be done.

I like it. Why are people so against change? It's much cleaner looking imo.

Well it is raining hard - 40mph winds - and we have that for the next days!!!

There you go Wibble, you're not going flying, I don't think.
Maybe while you're counting you can keep track of the good ideas, which may help us cope, like Mopar Bob suggested as number 2 in his post.

One big problem though- someone forgot this site is international.
Posters location is now missing.
Try this- what's a good DJI dealership near me? !!!!!!

Hey guys - I know I'm biased here as I'm part of the 3 guys that took over the site to help take it to the next level. You are probably correct that we could have communicated it all better so the new site wasn't such a surprise. Behind the scenes we put a good deal of thought and planning into this move as it takes quite a bit of effort for 3 very part-time guys to make a complex move like this.
While it is a big change, this is the first step in taking this site to the next level. It includes some great new features responsive design, improved SEO, media gallery and more. We also moved to a more robust and scalable hosting to handle the future growth.

No doubt, it would have been much easier to just keep the old site plugging along with minimal investment and minor tweaks. But we decided instead to invest in growing the community and using the latest technologies. Long term I think you'll see this is a good change as we continue to improve the site. If you have any specific suggestions on how to improve it (navigation, sidebar widgets, etc..) then we'd love to hear it.

Thanks for all your support.

Cassidy

No amount of voting is going to change this. But I would like to comment on the process used for the change for anyone that is listening. The change over to this format was very reminiscent of how DJI handles firmware updates. Sometimes we feel lost in space. In my opinion the proper way to handle changes of this magnitude is to: 1) provide some early warning that changes are to be made so we don't find ourselves wondering if we landed at the wrong site; 2) provide a simple explanation to members on how to do the old things the new way. For instance, to find your posts, you did it xyz....now you select your avatar and select comment. A simple cross reference; 3) explain the things that are new; and 4) explain the things that no longer can be done.
Great points. I had thought about mentioning it beforehand, but wanted it to be a surprise. I will be sending a sitewide email later today with an FAQ and other things you mentioned. Thanks!

I HATE this new look. It is messy - hurts my eyes - harder to see and find things.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Seriously though they have ruined the best forum I have ever come across. The old one was a joy to use. Why spend so much time and effort wrecking the old one?

If it stays like this I wont be hanging around!!!

Lol I bet they remove this...................

Based on this thread and the general feedback, I would say the vote would not be in your favor. In regards to your concerns, I think after a few hours of usage you will start to like the site a little more. And no, I wouldnt remove a thread, just reply to it :). Maybe the Phantom 2 giveaway later today will help ease the growing pains of the site.

Reactions: Cyclone
Yes advanced notice site is going to be down would have been nice, even if you did not have to say why.
Not sure site is working correctly on my iPad, will look again later but when it came back up I could not see any posts in the P2V+ section.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4