Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

Glad you like it :)

I think it should also work for 1080p25 mode, you just have to set camera to 1080p25 narrow, and then reboot the phantom.

Also it seems that my script makes the video softer, you may try also hard sharpening (no need to reboot). In fact internally, the narrow and wide mode don't use exactly the same sharpening/filter values.

Jarkko, I know it's not a revolution in picture quality, narrow mode will always be the best. I can't seem to find any other improvement that could be done. However in your test, are you sure you set the camera in narrow mode before reboot ?

The only possiblity i'm thinking of now, is if the A5 chip is capable of handling a larger video input (like 3000x1688) and encode to 1080p. For you information the sensor on our P2V+ is capable of 1080p60 but not the A5 encoder.

I think it should also work for 1080p25 mode, you just have to set camera to 1080p25 narrow, and then reboot the phantom.

Also it seems that my script makes the video softer, you may try also hard sharpening (no need to reboot). In fact internally, the narrow and wide mode don't use exactly the same sharpening/filter values.

Jarkko, I know it's not a revolution in picture quality, narrow mode will always be the best. I can't seem to find any other improvement that could be done. However in your test, are you sure you set the camera in narrow mode before reboot ?

The only possiblity i'm thinking of now, is if the A5 chip is capable of handling a larger video input (like 3000x1688) and encode to 1080p. For you information the sensor on our P2V+ is capable of 1080p60 but not the A5 encoder.

Tested it now, and it works on 1080p25 as well! :D

Did a small comparison between this and normal Wide FOV...:
SUper-Wide FOV Comparison.jpg

...and you are right! Edge sharpening is much lower in this new mode. Noise with the Hard setting is about the same (a little less actually), but for some reason compresses better with your script! Superb!
I will use this new mode later today when doing a little aerial shooting for a job. Perfect timing for me... ;)

Shooting with

Shooting using your Super-Wide FOV script for my Intro Sequence job worked out great! Super images without too much sharpening shot in 1080p25 ;D Thanks man!

Shooting with

Shooting using your Super-Wide FOV script for my Intro Sequence job worked out great! Super images without too much sharpening shot in 1080p25 ;D Thanks man!

You're welcome :)

I'm close to release another script, based on the idea that it could be possible to capture a larger window in 1:1 native pixel mapping...It seems to work :) now I have to deal with timings wich are very tricky to get back to 30 or 25 f/s.

This script will provide a FOV somewhere between narrow and wide, but quality will be way better than what we have actually, no more bad alisaing. Also it will override directly the settings, so there will be no problem switching between modes in the app. Narrow fov wiil be replaced by this new script.

I just hope that I won't face any hardware limitation with the frame/rate.

You're welcome :)

I'm close to release another script, based on the idea that it could be possible to capture a larger window in 1:1 native pixel mapping...It seems to work :) now I have to deal with timings wich are very tricky to get back to 30 or 25 f/s.

This script will provide a FOV somewhere between narrow and wide, but quality will be way better than what we have actually, no more bad alisaing. Also it will override directly the settings, so there will be no problem switching between modes in the app. Narrow fov wiil be replaced by this new script.

I just hope that I won't face any hardware limitation with the frame/rate.

Sounds great! ;D

We appreciate your endeavors to make better use of existing hardware.

Hello, I installed the firmware and all perfect, waiting for a script is developed to improve picture quality even further.
Thanks to all.

Read the thread backwards... is this still the furmware to use???

I see you guys are talking about modding some script/file... whats that all about??if I just load Steves firmware is thst all thats needed??,or do I need to add these scripting updates you folks are talking about??

Sorry, just tryibg to understand.... havnt flown in 2 months so im in withdrawls/not thinking straight lol :(

I don't mean to bring up older posts but I was wondering how stable this version was. I was thinking about flashing it to test it out.

After having watched the clip posted I was impressed at the improvements in quality. Even with the moment of the vegatation, there were less artifacts and distortion. I just wanted to thank you for your endeavors and congratulate you on postive results. While not your original goal, this IS an improvement over the current firmware and deserving of recognition.

Just want to show you how my job using Gueria's Script (and of course 24mbps) worked out...
(The intro is sort of a rip-off of the original "Dallas" Intro, but anyways... :p)
Very happy with the quality indeed! :)
First aerial shot filmed in Narrow FOV, the two next using the script. Fish-eye was removed in post:

Thanks Gueria once again! :D

Last edited:
Just want to show you how my job using Gueria's Script (and of course 24mbps) worked out...
Very happy with the quality indeed! :)
First aerial shot filmed in Narrow FOV, the two next using the script. Fish-eye was removed in post:

Thanks Gueria once again! :D
You could share the script to prove it?
Thank you

[QUOTE = "Gunnar, post: 500750, miembro de: 31 585"]
? Hi wer to find the frimwer?
Here you have[/QUOTE]

What camera settings should be used for the firmware??? 720p etc etc...??

Thanks

WARNING BETA SCRIPT : frame rate is incorrect + some pixel banding on the right edge of video.

I've been very busy these past week, and couldn't yet get the correct frame rate. However here is the beta script for the medium fov : captured area is 3232 x 1824 instead of 2304x1296. It will replace the narrow setting for 30fps and also 25fps.

After every boot you have to select the mode you want, even if the camera is already in this mode. (this is needed to force the loading of the new parameters in memory).

It should work on 1.29 and 1.30 firmware, again it's non permanent, everything get back to normal as soon as you remove the file from the sdcard.

Attachments

• autoexec_medium_fov_beta.zip
    314 bytes · Views: 393
Reactions: JCJMC
WARNING BETA SCRIPT : frame rate is incorrect + some pixel banding on the right edge of video.

I've been very busy these past week, and couldn't yet get the correct frame rate. However here is the beta script for the medium fov : captured area is 3232 x 1824 instead of 2304x1296. It will replace the narrow setting for 30fps and also 25fps.

After every boot you have to select the mode you want, even if the camera is already in this mode. (this is needed to force the loading of the new parameters in memory).

It should work on 1.29 and 1.30 firmware, again it's non permanent, everything get back to normal as soon as you remove the file from the sdcard.

Great to see that you haven't quit this project and it is still in "work in progress" state. :) I will test this beta script today and post my impressions after the test.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164