Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

Hi SkyDude, is this StevenQX latest firmware?

upload_2015-10-12_9-16-19.png

Attachments

• README_EN.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 649
Hello, I'm a new member and wanted to say that I am extremely happy to find this thread. I honestly didn't know what I'd find considering I was comparing the gopro videos to the vision videos, realized I wasn't happy with the harsh blooming around extreme contrast changes. I decided to upgrade the camera firmware to the 24Mbit version and added the beta script to modify the narrow mode to the binned full sensor image. I must say the results are dramatic. I am currently encoding a video in premiere and I did have to use some noise reduction as it was a sunset video, and I forgot to lock the iso down to 100. Once I get the video up on YouTube I'll post it here.

Again, for everyone who worked hard on this effort and for your continued work, you have my up most support. If I can offer any donation to your cause, please give me a link.

Reactions: SkyDude
Ok guys, here is the video. So some quick details:

- Shot in auto ISO, definitely should lock it to 100 as the noise was a bit noticable.
- Used standard contrast
- Used standard sharpening
- 0.0 exp comp
- 1080p30, narrow FOV script mode
- 24Mbit firmware mod
- Processed in Premiere Pro, used Neat Video for noise reduction.
- Color processed with Lumetri

Happy Holidays. A good Christmas gift would be that the mod will write at full speed. Thank you.

Hey Guys, I'm all new here but have been following this thread for a while now. Just had the time to ugrade that awesome firmware, thanks a lot!!! impressive work, thanks for sharing this!
Problem is, for some reason i can't change the iso, or to be more clear, the settings can be made in-app, but i doesn't seem to respond. Any ideas / known issues i have missed??

Hey Guys, I'm all new here but have been following this thread for a while now. Just had the time to ugrade that awesome firmware, thanks a lot!!! impressive work, thanks for sharing this!
Problem is, for some reason i can't change the iso, or to be more clear, the settings can be made in-app, but i doesn't seem to respond. Any ideas / known issues i have missed??
Excuse my English.
You say you've installed the custom Firwmare and then do not match the options in the software DJI?
If so, reinstall the firmware (and if it can be re-downloaded.)

Excuse my English.
You say you've installed the custom Firwmare and then do not match the options in the software DJI?
If so, reinstall the firmware (and if it can be re-downloaded.)
now i think i've bricked it, the camera is giving no signal anymore...

now i think i've bricked it, the camera is giving no signal anymore...
I get off the official firmware from DJI and installed as puts in the instructions.
Check that functions and then again to download the custom firmware and install it like DJI officer.
DJI official firmware link:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_2_vision_plus/FC200_firmware_v1.3.0g.zip
Instructions for installing the firmware (both the official and the custom):

Major New Features:
The latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0) fixes the issue of the camera failing to start in some cases and adds the ability to modify the filename prefix of photos if using the DJI SDK. Update your camera firmware according to your needs. Thank you for your support!

Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware from the official DJI website and unzip it.
2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card (less than or equal to 32GB) and rename the file to "firmware_plus.bin".
3. Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera.
4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the quick yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the "firmware_plus.bin" filename will change to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". This file on the card can now be deleted.
6. Restart the camera and the new firmware will be active. Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app.

Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera, remove the intelligent flight battery, or take out the Micro-SD card. This may cause the update to fail and may require return-to-factory service.
b) A quick red flashing LED on the camera after the quick yellow flashing indicates the update has failed. Please repeat Step 1 to Step 5 above without restarting the camera. Change to another Micro-SD card and try again if the update fails again.
c) Ensure you are downloading the correct firmware. DO NOT mix up the camera firmware of the Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+.
d) The latest DJI Vision app (iOS App: v1.0.46; Android App: v1.0.56) is required.

No success, i get the red light right when i start. Also tried another sdcard. Stays solid red all the time...

No success, i get the red light right when i start. Also tried another sdcard. Stays solid red all the time...
Well not try again, back down the official firmware and do it again. There is no other solution.

as far as I can tell i bricked the chip. I tried with the official firmware... maybe i can communicate with the nand/ddr2 chip... there are quite a lot of headers on the mainboard. Since everyone else with this problem had to send in the camera, i might also have to do that. The problem with seems to be that when the firmware update fails like that, the sd card an the usb port can't be addressed anymore, so the chip is just dark. the gimbal is still working, but afaik the gimbal controls are not inside the gimbal mainboard...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl