Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

Thanks SkyDude. However I am not getting a good video after putting in the script. After rebooting I see it changed to 1080i, exposure +2 and standard settings. Is this correct? I am experiencing a lot of noise and artifacts. Any idea what may go wrong?

;)

This sounds strange, but it is still a work in progress from my understanding, so there might be some glitches...

I will be testing this new script for the first time tomorrow (1080p25 mode), so can tell you about my findings after that, if no one else here have any comment about it before that... :)

This is the script with no banding on the side.

Frame rate is still incorrect, the video will look slightlty accelerated. (acceleration is less present in 25f/s mode).

I've been testing the new script to background (back to confirm that the sidebars are gone, thanks again) and combining it with the firmware 24 mb/s the results are very good. The problem is video acceleration, especially at 30 fps. Is there a solution to this problem?

Ok SkyDude. I am still testing on the first script. Not the latest. When u say reboot the phantom, do u mean only the quad copter excluding transmitter and range extender?

Oh... I had no problems with the first script and will use it more in the future. To me it produces better quality than the original modes - less sharpening and artifacts. I always use "Hard" to avoid the in-cam noise reduction and rather use software NR in post if necessary, due to the fact that I think the NR applied by the camera reduces the overall image quality... Do not think the script changed any settings at all except for applying the new mode... You are using the 24mbps firmware?

You only need to reboot the bird itself as that reboots the camera... ;)

The last script "autoexec_medium_fov_beta2.zip" doesn't need landing and reboot if you accidently change the video mode in flight. By selecting again 1080p25 or 30 Narrow, the script will still be effective.

My script completly replace the narrow mode in 1080p25 and 30. So in flight you will be able to chose between standard wide and my "medium" fov as long as the script is present on the sd card.

Also you do not need anymore to set the camera in a particular mode before reboot. You just need to select one time after boot "Narrow mode" to activate.

Sorry for making things a little bit confusing.

To "PhantomW", this is strange because i didn't touch any of theses settings. Try to set back your settings to what you normally use and see what happens. What camera firmware are you on ?

Regarding the frame rate, it is really a complex problem and I didn't have the time yet to find a solution.

SkyDude, Gueria, I am using the 24Mbps firmware. I will try one more time and attach the video here.

Sounds great, Gueria! I did not know that it had changed, so sorry about that... :p

I was supposed to test the new script today, but for some unknown reason I recorded in 720p60 instead (a bit fuzzy after drinking beer yesterday), so I can still not comment on it... :confused:
Looking forward to doing some testing soon tho... :D

Do you think that with the custom bitrate consumes more battery? I think so.

Does a fully charged battery weigh more than a discharged battery? Yes it does. By any significant amount? Not even remotely.

Does the higher bitrate mod increase current draw? Probably. By any significant amount as compared to the current draw of the motors? Probably not.

Reactions: SkyDude
Hi SkyDude, I had tried several times but still getting not so ideal video. Seems to have a wire mesh over my video. I am still working on Gueria's first script with 1080p 25fps settings and StevenQX's 24Mbps firmware.

Dropbox - DJI00236.MP4

Any advice?

I have one thing to say... Gueria, SUPER-AMAZING work!! Jagged lines and over-sharpening are now history using your new script! Noise has also been "naturally" reduced! This is as close we can ever get (methinks) to True Full HD with this bird... Seriously, great work!!!!
This is now my new favourite 1080p (25) shooting mode (in addition to the forever super 720p60 mode) :D

Gueria Medium FOV Comparison.jpg

Look especially at the lost jagged lines and decreased sharpening in the right image.

PhantomW, what you are experiencing is moiré and aliasing. I do for some reason not experiance this at all with the newest script... Try filming with "Hard" and see if that makes a difference ;)

Gueria Medium FOV SUPER.jpg

Snap from video using Gueria's newest script. Shot using "Hard" and some noise reduction has been added in post. The new quality is even well suited for some professional jobs.

Gueria, if you post your PayPal account, I will gladly be the first to donate some dollars for your work :)

Last edited:
The scritp of Güeria is very good, if correct the problem over speed video, both 25 fps / 30 fps, the work will be perfect.

Hi SkyDude, Gueria, it is working now! Actually there is no problem. What I did was to view the 1080p video on my desktop and all my wire mesh effect (aliasing) is gone. My 720p video however seems to be able to play on my laptop with no problems. Does the inability of the graphics generate aliasing?

PhantomW, I am pretty sure you filmed using normal Wide FOV on this clip...that is why you experienced these artifacts. I see them on your raw mp4 file also, so this has nothing at all to do with your computer and/or graphics card not being adequate... :rolleyes:

Hi SkyDude, I did switched to both wide and narrow mode to ensure I am in the right mode while recording. Agreed it has nothing to do with graphics card. I tested with Gueria's latest script as there is no need to reboot when switching mode, but still getting the same moire and aliasing in both 1080p 30fps and 25fps. Only 720p works fine for me.

Is there anyway for me to verify that I am in the right mode?

If the mode replacing Narrow FOV 1080p is a little less wide than Wide FOV, it should be correct.
Is that is the case, I would try Hard sharpening to see if that makes a difference (tho that should not affect the jagged lines). Otherwise I am not really sure what else could be the problem here...

Last edited:
Thanks so much SkyDude. Btw I am on Phantom P2V+ v3. Only soft setting has no moire and aliasing but way too soft. Is yours v2 or v3?

You are welcome... :)
Ah... Soft setting is useless in my mind. No details.
Very peculiar that you experience different video quality than I do when we use the same settings.
I have v2, but do not think that should make any difference. Hmmm...

BUT are you sure you have the correct 24mbps firmware? It was a bit confusing, as there were several versions being made and uploaded over a short period of time in this thread, so here you have the correct one once more just in case...:

Attachments

• Firmware 24mbps.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Reactions: bernek and PhantomW
Yes, cause I flash again just to make sure, and the 720p 60fps works great. I compare the bitrate for 720p 60fps is 24Mbps as compared to ard 12Mbps before.

Ya, I find it very strange as why my 1080p settings are not getting the results u guys are getting. Unless the script is not activated at all. Is there a why to verify if the script is activated?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl