Video feed problems

Reaction score
I'm getting a jumpy/jittery video feed with burst of digital static and random disconnections.
You can see some of it in this video. The video recording on the SD card is fine by the way. I'm using Go3 and wifi connection, this model doesn't have lightbridge so no cable connection.

I relinked the drone and controller, I cleaned the cable connections from the body to the camera/gimbal and that didn't help. I've enabled hardware acceleration on my phone, tried disabling all transmitters but wifi, turned off local caching, etc. I've read some threads on here but none of them led to a fix so far.

Nothing so far has helped. I'm hoping someone here might have a solution.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180605-213757.png
    Screenshot_20180605-213757.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 431
I'm getting a jumpy/jittery video feed with burst of digital static and random disconnections.
You can see some of it in this video. The video recording on the SD card is fine by the way. I'm using Go3 and wifi connection, this model doesn't have lightbridge so no cable connection.

I relinked the drone and controller, I cleaned the cable connections from the body to the camera/gimbal and that didn't help. I've enabled hardware acceleration on my phone, tried disabling all transmitters but wifi, turned off local caching, etc. I've read some threads on here but none of them led to a fix so far.

Nothing so far has helped. I'm hoping someone here might have a solution.
It sounds like your mobile device may not be up to the task. What are you using and has it worked OK in the past?

Same thing, different terminology dude.
It is not the same thing. There are 2 DJI GO apps. Pre-P4 ( For aircraft before P4's) and GO4 ( For P4's and above). The number you are referring to is the version of the app itself. If you want to refer to the app version itself you should use the entire number as in your photo, 3.1.38. Just for future reference. And as far as you original question goes, what device are you using? That would be helpful to further diagnose the issue.

It sounds like your mobile device may not be up to the task. What are you using and has it worked OK in the past?

Turns out you're right, but it's not a video processing issue. I tried my friends phone and it's not jumpy on his. So while using his I started to connect mine to the drone's wifi too and the picture immediately got jumpy again. Even before I'd opened the GO app. So at least now I know it's something about my phones wifi. Deleting it from the phone and remaking it didn't help. More research to do but at least it's a solid direction to look in.

BTW: Is there any problem connecting two phones at once to a drone? Doesn't seem like there would be.

Turns out you're right, but it's not a video processing issue. I tried my friends phone and it's not jumpy on his. So while using his I started to connect mine to the drone's wifi too and the picture immediately got jumpy again. Even before I'd opened the GO app. So at least now I know it's something about my phones wifi. Deleting it from the phone and remaking it didn't help. More research to do but at least it's a solid direction to look in.

BTW: Is there any problem connecting two phones at once to a drone? Doesn't seem like there would be.
Take a look at your video settings. Be sure local caching to your device is turned off. Also compare the two devices. My guess is whatever your friend is using has more firepower in terms of processing and RAM.

No problem I can think of having both phones connected. I'm sure people have done that before.

Take a look at your video settings. Be sure local caching to your device is turned off. Also compare the two devices. My guess is whatever your friend is using has more firepower in terms of processing and RAM.

I would agree with LarBear. The GO app can be a challenge to run on some underpowered devices and/or devices with limited free memory. I've had similar problems twice in the past with the video feed on underpowered devices (processor). Upgrading to more processing power eliminated those problems for me. Good luck resolving your problem.

Actually his phone is older and slower.
Simply connecting my phone to the drones wifi, not even using the Go app yet causes a problem.
I don't see how video settings or rendering on mine don't even come into play yet at that point.

My old phone was a Nexus 5X which ran Go just fine:
OS Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808
CPU Hexa-core (4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A57)
GPU Adreno 418​

My new phone is a Moto X4:
OS Android 8.0 (Oreo); Android One
Chipset Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630
CPU Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 508​

The new phone should be more powerful. And I ran Go on it while checking CPU and GPU utilization and they were no where near being maxed out. Here's a graph.

2b8hRWlbDcvnCCWC2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic