Video Decoder Encryption Error

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? I believe Chase45 had a similar error. I cannot get rid of the error. Quad seems fine, but don't want to risk anything. All updates and calibrations have been done.

Thanks!

Is this on an iPad?

Yes

Ive been flying with no issues, just logged onto all my forums to see if DJI reps have anything else to suggest.

Flyboy, I IMd you

Nothing new to report. DJI reps haven't IMd me back on a different forum.

Here is what Ill likely do.

I personally believe the error has something to do with streaming HD live back to your device(ipad,cellphone, whatever). The image quality doesn't seem to be 720P HD. However Im far from a tech guru.

I also have intermittent errors about the aircraft or camera needing an upgrade. Sometimes it pops up, others it does not. The firmware is latest and greatest. unless they again have released another update since Friday when I updated to .9.

Im honestly not sure if its just buggy software or something. But if that were the case I figure more users would be encountering this.

Im going to fly mine until the new wears off. Then send it in for repair in a month or so.

I have had no issues flying it.

But if you get some hard info on this Flyboy, please IM me or update this thread. Ill try and keep an eye on it.

But again, I have had zero functionality problems. Probably have around 10 flights or so.

Nothing new to report. DJI reps haven't IMd me back on a different forum.

Here is what Ill likely do.

I personally believe the error has something to do with streaming HD live back to your device(ipad,cellphone, whatever). The image quality doesn't seem to be 720P HD. However Im far from a tech guru.

I also have intermittent errors about the aircraft or camera needing an upgrade. Sometimes it pops up, others it does not. The firmware is latest and greatest. unless they again have released another update since Friday when I updated to .9.

Im honestly not sure if its just buggy software or something. But if that were the case I figure more users would be encountering this.

Im going to fly mine until the new wears off. Then send it in for repair in a month or so.

I have had no issues flying it.

But if you get some hard info on this Flyboy, please IM me or update this thread. Ill try and keep an eye on it.

But again, I have had zero functionality problems. Probably have around 10 flights or so.

Chase45 - I read your forum thread on DJI. It looks like you and I are the only lucky ones having this issue. I wish I had an Android device to give it a try on. I tried my iPad mini Retina and my iPad Air 2 and the same issue on both tablets.

I contacted DronesPlus in Vegas where I bought it from and they asked for me to give them a call on Thursday ( their Expert is out until then). I attached your link from the DJI Forum where Autumn said it was a controller error and would need to be replaced.

I have not had a chance to fly mine yet because of some eye surgery. I was going to take it out today for the first time and saw this error. I have done both firmware upgrades with no issues, but I believe this showed up after the latest upgrade unless I just missed it after the first upgrade because I knew I wouldn't be flying for awhile.

I had a message saying the camera needed a upgrade right after I updated to 1.1.9. Not had it since tho. Didn't get that other message tho. Seems the latest firmware is very buggy to me.

If my memory serves I had the decoder error first power up. I then powered down and restarted it. It then did not have the error. I flew with no problems.

Recharged the battery and went at it again. The decoder error has been there since.

Ive tried using different devices. I also mainly use a Ipad mini 3. I also have used a Galazy S5. Same issues.

Again, I don't have a problem flying, recording, taking pics, etc. All the functions I have used work fine.

Id say you are fine to fly, but then again Im not expert. I have had no functionality issues at all.

Im using my phantom like the error isn't there. I still don't really know what the error is in regards to since everything works fine. On the DJI forum they say its something to do with the controller, but what is my question

If my memory serves I had the decoder error first power up. I then powered down and restarted it. It then did not have the error. I flew with no problems.

Recharged the battery and went at it again. The decoder error has been there since.

Ive tried using different devices. I also mainly use a Ipad mini 3. I also have used a Galazy S5. Same issues.

Again, I don't have a problem flying, recording, taking pics, etc. All the functions I have used work fine.

Id say you are fine to fly, but then again Im not expert. I have had no functionality issues at all.

Im using my phantom like the error isn't there. I still don't really know what the error is in regards to since everything works fine. On the DJI forum they say its something to do with the controller, but what is my question

I saw your Dji Forum where DJI-Autumn chimed in and said it was a Controller Error. I wish she would of explained herself a little more.

My only concern is if I fly the quad and something happens, are they going to warranty it or give me an issue for flying it with a known error.

Yea I understand that. I took it very easy the first few times.mine does fly fine though

Just seeing if you heard any news about this buddy

I received an email from DJI and was told that the controller needed to be repaired or replaced. I bought it from DronesPlus and was in email contact with a guy named Alex. He asked me to call him today and I have attempted 2 calls and both times I was told he is on the phone and he will call me back. So still waiting on the call.

Gotcha.

Im still happily flying with no issues, but would really love to know what the issue pertains to exactly.

Gotcha.

Im still happily flying with no issues, but would really love to know what the issue pertains to exactly.

Not sure exactly what the issue is. Hardware Malfunction is all I got out of DJI Support. However DronesPlus will be swapping out my controller. I received a call from Alex at DronesPlus while I was in a class yesterday evening and he said they would swap the controller and for me to call them today when I have time.

DronesPlus in Vegas has been GREAT to work with!

DronesPlus sent me an RMA number and FedEx label to ship it back and they are sending me a new controller. I recommend DronesPlus in Vegas to anyone looking to make a purchase. Customer Service is fantastic!

Received my new Controller from DronesPlus ( these guys are great)! Updated the firmware on the controller, linked it to my P3P and no more Video Decoder Encryption Error. Glad this is cleared up. Ready to Fly!!

So at the end of the day they just replaced your controller? This seems off... A video decoder is a piece of software, not hardware. I am having the same issue but would prefer not having to go through the hassle of RMA's etc. Anyone else having this problem? I am flying mine with a Galaxy S5.

So at the end of the day they just replaced your controller? This seems off... A video decoder is a piece of software, not hardware. I am having the same issue but would prefer not having to go through the hassle of RMA's etc. Anyone else having this problem? I am flying mine with a Galaxy S5.

I sent the error to both DJI and DronesPlus. DJI said it was a controller error and it needed to be fixed or replaced. I sent it to DronesPlus (USHobby) in Vegas where I bought the P3P and they replaced the controller no questions asked.

I received the error with the controller on and the quad off as well.

I unboxed my new P3P and got an order to update it. After successful updatings I got these same error messages "Video Decoder Encryption Error". My local retailer asked to send the copter to them and sended it to Support EU. I got the copter on 12 May and I should now wait at least to 24 July without any flight experiences. What are the rights of DJI customers?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31