Vertical Studio now supports Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We are excited to announce that Vertical Studio now supports your Phantom 3 Standard. - Currently only on iOS.

P3S users - check out Vertical Studio, download it and let us know what you think! You can try all features absolutely free and It's a paid upgrade only when you want to start saving video on the SD card.

Cheers!

Z6yhUVI.png

Is it in general supported to use these apps without losing any warranty should anything happen to the drone that can be related to the software?

I see the app as well in the google play store, but the last review from today does not look promising.

Nice app man. One problem, it tracks me and my dog flawlessly, but I have to pay 27.99 TO START A VIDEO?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All I know is, I want a refund because there is no reason for this to be on google play store (android), if it doesn't work on android it shouldn't be there...unless it was placed there as a scam. No reply here to my inquiry from yesterday. VERY disappointed with Vertical Studios.
I saw it on the play store also and put it on my Nexus 7 2nd gen. I launched it last night on the tablet and it looked like it might work, but I haven't had a chance to actually try using it with my phantom. But I guess you are saying that it won't connect? I noticed that I had an alert and they had an update for it last night. I hope it will run on my Nexus 7, hopefully the app owner will chime in soon.

Reactions: Squirrel!
All I know is, I want a refund because there is no reason for this to be on google play store (android), if it doesn't work on android it shouldn't be there...unless it was placed there as a scam. No reply here to my inquiry from yesterday. VERY disappointed with Vertical Studios.

Of course I don't know if the description on the Play Store just got modified recently but it states:

"* Currently only supports Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional and Inspire 1 with X3 camera."

Reactions: Squirrel!
I honestly don't recall what the description said. And I most likely overlooked that it is for iOS only, somewhere along the line. And if it is my being naive with android and iOS, I'll accept it and cancel my request for a refund. But, what the hell is it doing in google play store if it ISN'T android compatible? Does google play have iOS apps as well?! I didn't think so. I thought that is what iTunes was for?

Don't Bother with it. It shows you all the features and then in order to record an actual video you need to pay 27.99$. Total BS.

I don't think the price is BS. I like to support people and their projects. Can't expect everything for free, otherwise, where is the incentive to continue to create?

It's a bit confusing if you don't pay close attention to the thread... I haven't verified, but apparently the iOS version of the app supports the P3S. There does appear to be an Android version but according to the description in Google Play it only supports the P3A and P3P.

And yes, I find it odd that the original poster hasn't jumped in to try to clear up any confusion.

And that may have been my fault, because I didn't look for the 's' designation, originally. Again, being naive to the topic, I figured it works with P3, it was all P3. Oh well. I will wait for the 'S' to be covered as well. Maybe the 27.99 price is due to the added support for the 'S' and I'm grandfathered in now so I don't have to pay extra when 'S' support does (if) come around? Trying to find the silver lining in my mistake. :confused:

On iOS it is free but you need to pay 27.99 TO UNLOCK RECORDING VIDEO!

It's not free, the developers let you test the app to see if you want to purchase. I have a P3A and did just that before deciding It was a worthwhile purchase. Prior to the beginning of March (I think) you had to buy it just to test it (unless you were a Beta tester). Shows that the developers have faith in their product...

Reactions: Neil Mathew
It's not free, the developers let you test the app to see if you want to purchase. I have a P3A and did just that before deciding It was a worthwhile purchase. Prior to the beginning of March (I think) you had to buy it just to test it (unless you were a Beta tester). Shows that the developers have faith in their product...
Doesn't it do everything that Dji go does?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Doesn't it do everything that Dji go does?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
No, but they are adding new features. There's no Histogram, no Zebra's, dont think you adjust camera settings etc. I find I only use it if I want motion tracking. Usually start of in DJI Go, then switch to VS if I need tracking. Otherwise I just stay with Go. It's a good ap, it's not perfect but it does what it says. As it's free to download, no reason not to give it a go :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.