Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Reaction score
Hi Phantom Pilots,

We’re Vertical, a start-up in the Bay Area and we're looking for beta testers for our app Vertical Studio.

One of our biggest problems with aerial video was that filming landscapes and panoramas is easy, but filming close-up shots of stuff in action is ridiculously complicated. Only the most professional studios with large drones and camera crews seem to be able to film those sweet complex action shots.

So we've built Vertical Studio. An app for DJI Phantom and Inspire that lets you film all those difficult tracking shots with a simple touch interface. How do we do it ? Well, we use some nifty computer vision software we’ve been building for over a year and pack it all into your Android or iOS device so you can auto-track anything your drone sees - without any GPS or tracking beacons. Just click on stuff in your video feed and let Vertical Studio handle the rest.

The best way to explain Vertical Studio is probably with this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you’re interested in beta testing, we’d love it if you could head over to our website (Vertical - EPIC Aerial Filming) and take a minute to sign-up for either the Android or iOS beta. It will help us better manage our beta tests. The Android beta is available now, but the iOS beta should be ready in a few days.

Vertical Studio is compatible with DJI Phantom 3 (Pro, Advanced) and DJI Inspire.

And if you have any questions or initial thoughts about Vertical Studio, do let us know in the forum or email us at [email protected].

Cheers!
Neil
www.vertical.ai

Last edited:
Looks like you've got some pretty interesting and useful features lined up here. Hope it works out fine! Nice take on the soundtrack of the promo video too, I dig The XX :D

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Thanks Neil I just did ;) But I had to use my Google email even though I signed up for iOS... Maybe it's something with the Google form, dunno.

Cheers!

Thanks Neil I just did ;) But I had to use my Google email even though I signed up for iOS... Maybe it's something with the Google form, dunno.

Cheers!
Btw if you fly regularly and have filmed for others (customers, friends etc), I would love to interview you as part of our user research. Would you be interested?

Btw if you fly regularly and have filmed for others (customers, friends etc), I would love to interview you as part of our user research. Would you be interested?

Sure Neil, anytime if that's going to help ;-)

Whatever I can do to help brother! I've got a drift event this weekend that I'd LOVE to test your app on!

Whatever I can do to help brother! I've got a drift event this weekend that I'd LOVE to test your app on!

Are you serious?! That is EPIC! Just checking, did you sign up for Android or iOS ? Because if you have an android phone or tablet, you can definitely try it out this weekend.

Reactions: SilverStone641
Very nice - clearly an unmet need!

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Very nice - clearly an unmet need!

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what has been the hardest shot you've had to film in the past ? Also, I've mentioned on an earlier reply as well, but if you're a filmmaker I'd love to get your thoughts on a few other features we're been working on over a phone call sometime. Let me know if you'd like to chat :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.