V.1.2.1 vs V.1.1.1

Reaction score
Hello!

I just received the Phantom Quadcopter that I ordered for my hubby's birthday. I've read a lot about them, mostly on Amazon's comment section and it seems that there are problems with the 1.2.1 version that have been fixed in the 1.1.1 version. A lot of the comments said they had ordered recently and received the newer version so I bit the bullet and ordered. Unfortunately, I got the 1.2.1 version and I'm really disappointed.

Should I return it and order another from another company if necessary and specify that I want the newer version?

Thanks!

DaWife

I've not heard of 1.2.1, what are the features that differ from 1.1.1?

The progression has gone:
1.3 (maybe)

On the box, there is a label that has a bar code, serial number and V 1.2.1. I haven't opened the box to inspect it yet since I thought I might need to send it back. Does the V 1.2.1 mean something other than the version?

I'll say the same as ElGuano, I've never seen a 1.2.1 designation. I just checked the box on my 1.2 (which was the production version immediately preceding the 1.1.1) and it does just say 1.2 by the barcode.

Where did you purchase the Phantom?

The 1.2.1 is basically the 1.1.1.

I am not sure if there is any difference at all between the 1.2.1 and 1.1.1. But the 1.2.1 is fine and shouldn't be confused with the 1.2 which is indeed an older version than the 1.1.1.

Below is the link to the 1.2.1 that I bought that has all the features and functionality of the 1.1.1. This includes dual antennae, gimbal control on the TX and self tightening props (all the differences that I know about that are worth ensuring you have).

http://www.conrad.ch/ce/de/product/0398 ... archDetail

Sorry the page is in German, but I live in Switzerland so that can't be helped :)

Regardless, your hubby will be very happy with his B'Day present :D

OI Photography said:
I'll say the same as ElGuano, I've never seen a 1.2.1 designation. I just checked the box on my 1.2 (which was the production version immediately preceding the 1.1.1) and it does just say 1.2 by the barcode.

Where did you purchase the Phantom?

"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

Here is the label:

IMG_20140418_193423_540_zpscg4uaubb.jpg

My Naza serial number is 100044xxx, and the sticker doesn't even have a version number on it. I'd say yours is pretty recent indeed.

ElGuano said:
My Naza serial number is 100044xxx, and the sticker doesn't even have a version number on it. I'd say yours is pretty recent indeed.

So, this version seems to be the latest then? This is SO confusing & the DJI website doesn't offer a lot of help either.

Should I be brave and open the box? Is there any chance there will be a manual with detailed instructions included? :lol:

This was discussed on RC Groups.
Here is the announcement of when 1.2.1 came out.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2013508

The pilots discuss the difference between 1.1.1 and 1.2.1

It was summarized nicely by hqcariello on page 2:
"I'm returning my 1.2.1 (version prior to latest version)and getting 1.1.1(latest version) from UAVdirect
my 1.2.1( that's what it says on the phantom and box(close to serial number) 1.2.1 has self tightening props. but does NOT have 2 antennas like 1.1.1, the lever, and radio control panel board is the old circuit , NOT new circuit.

maybe I should've gotten gimbal lever on 1.2.1 but assembly line missed installing on mine.?

V1.1.1 is the latest version, based on a few searches and also vendor UAVdirect, helipal and other dealers"

Thanks, FL Gulf! That info supports what has posted in reviews on Amazon. I think I'll return this one and request a 1.1.1. Apparently, the Chinese don't number things sequentially.

Boozshey said:
I believe the 1.2.1 is actually like an fc40 without the camera.

I got my FC-40 last week and it's V 1.2.1....it has dual antennae, the gimbal control on the controller and a mini USB port in the rear under the indicator light.

I've looked at the serial number and version of mine and it says 1.1.1 and not 1.2.1. So I am not sure why the shop I bought it from called it a 1.2.1.

I would open up the box and see if your 1.2.1 has:

1) Dual antennaes (2 white looking wires that hang down from the bottom)
2) Self tightening props (Propeller has molded nuts that can't be removed)
3) Gimbal level on the back on the controller (little L shaped lever on the back)

If it has these things then it really should be fine. If it's missing them, I would send it back for sure.

Or return it to amazon and get a guaranteed 1.1.1 from B&H photo

Hawkeye 1 said:
Boozshey said:
I believe the 1.2.1 is actually like an fc40 without the camera.

I got my FC-40 last week and it's V 1.2.1....it has dual antennae, the gimbal control on the controller and a mini USB port in the rear under the indicator light.[/quote

Apparently I had a massive brain fart because I just checked again and my new FC-40 is a version 2.0.0 so apparently that's the latest in the series.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl