Using Phantom 1 ESC and motors for DIY Arduino project

Reaction score
First post! I just bought a used Phantom 1 and gutted the insides. I want to use the Phantom 1 ESCs and motors to build an underwater drone.

So the ESC has three phase wires for the motors, two wires for 11V and ground, and lastly, two wires (yellow and brown), which I assume is a signal cable and ground for the ESC.

I tried connecting the ground and the signal cable to an Arduino, and sending PWM signals to the ESC from the Arduino. It makes some noise, but the motor does not spin.

Any ideas?

I'm not one of the clever folks. Lol.
I know of a lot of diagrams for the Phantom 3s, but not the P1.
I have been wanting to do that with a Phantom 3s. What is going to be the housing? Tell me how things go.

Not sure why you would do such a thing why didn’t you just buy an ESC and motor. Then at least you have documentation.

In any event the motor has three phases that have to be on the right leg. Has to be connected correctly to the ESC try moving the wires around - just reversed two.
Having said that since DJI Uses proprietary stuff who knows.
Also be aware those motors are designed to have a good amount of airflow around them mini you’ll have to call them in your submarine.

Last edited:
Isn't ph1 ESC the same as the one used in Ph2?
And for Ph2, schematics are available.

O-Gs Wiki: Phantom 2 ESC board
No the Phantom 1 ESC plug straight into the Naza the Phantom 2 do not they plug into the circuit board under the naza picture one is for the Phantom 1 picture 2 Is for the Phantom 2

Attachments

• 10583057727538.jpg
    10583057727538.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 136
  • ek1V2wRxIqtFpNYF.huge.jpg
    ek1V2wRxIqtFpNYF.huge.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 140

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members