Phantom 4 pro "Battery Signal error" and battery percentage does not read correctly

LZJ

Reaction score
Okay, my continuing quest to rebuild a completely destroyed P4p continues. After 4 ESC errors, complete gimbal/camera rebuild, both antenna replacements, downward sensor assembly replacement and resolution of a "vision sensor communication error" I have one last challenge. This is a weird one. One RC error message remains --> "Battery signal error" and when this is displayed on the RC the percent battery reading will no longer adjust downward during the flight. However, if I land and either shut down the props or let them continue to spin at an idle the battery percentage will then auto correct downward. Even during flight if I pull up the battery info icon box I can see the battery voltage gradually decreasing and each individual cell seemingly adjust correctly. I've tried two different (non dJI) batteries and both do this. They don't show that error with a 2nd P4p however which strongly suggests the problem resides in my crashed bird. Litchi and DJIgo4 both show this same error message and both do not show adjustments down in battery percentage during the flight. Why in the world if the props are spinning on the ground does it read correctly??? Thanks

Thanks! This has really been an odyssey in trouble shooting and fixing piece by piece over the past couple of years. Certainly have been there and done that with a wrecked p4p guinea pig. She's not pretty in any way or form but obviously is a serious "war bird" with some sound electronics under her cracked and blemished skin. Love it...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic