P3 Firmware Using DJI Go3 .. no maps, should I update to Go4? is there a fix

Reaction score
Have not flown since last summer. Fired up the P3P, works fine, as always. Flew around back yard only. I NEVER have a wifi connection when I fly because I am so afraid of the upgrade nightmare. So I have always flown with no internet connection. Have kept all FW & SW at old, but good, working versions. Problem is... no maps. Is there an easy fix to get maps of where I want to fly WITHOUT DJI seeing my connection, or me having to log in, or update EVERYTHING?
I killed the DJI app, made a wifi connection and used "google maps" to see my house etc. Expecting these to be cached. When I started up DJI Go3, made all connections to AC, etc, still no maps. Below is my FW/HW info Thoughts?

App: 3.1.5, version: 1.8.80+, RC: 1.6.0

Have not flown since last summer. Fired up the P3P, works fine, as always. Flew around back yard only. I NEVER have a wifi connection when I fly because I am so afraid of the upgrade nightmare. So I have always flown with no internet connection. Have kept all FW & SW at old, but good, working versions. Problem is... no maps. Is there an easy fix to get maps of where I want to fly WITHOUT DJI seeing my connection, or me having to log in, or update EVERYTHING?
I killed the DJI app, made a wifi connection and used "google maps" to see my house etc. Expecting these to be cached. When I started up DJI Go3, made all connections to AC, etc, still no maps. Below is my FW/HW info Thoughts?

App: 3.1.5, version: 1.8.80+, RC: 1.6.0
Use litchi app see what happens,,they use different map engine,then dji can't see where you fly

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Is Litchi solid? No lockups, drop outs, etc?
It very reliable for 3rd party app,,I never had any issues both with p3s and p4 and both with latest firmware and updates,saves looking at screen aswell cause all info is relayed to you by a nice lady robot,pretty cool,,does all if not more than djigo,,,only catch is if you crash or something go wrong it's not covered by warranty

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
You can’t update to GO4. Only newer drones use GO4. The P3P can’t.

Your drone has its own WiFi network that you connect to. It doesn’t connect to the internet. If you fly with a phone or a tablet that has cellular then the maps with appear otherwise you can cache them before you go out to fly. Do a search to find out how to cache them.
DJI cannot see your connection or where you fly unless you sync your flight records to DJI.

Chris

You need to start up your tablet and GO and connect to your domestic WiFi ..... then you tap the map to have that as your main display. (You do not need the phantom powered for this) ...

Scroll / zoom as necessary to cache the area you want. Once you have all the area cached .... shut down after disabling WiFi .... You have a P3P which does not require WiFi to fly.

Next time you fire up .... as long as Phantom sees sats and your tablet does .... it will display the cached map.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20