Use of P4Pro in Australia

Reaction score
Looking for advice really, am travelling to Australia soon was thinking of taking my P4P, two points really.
1. Are there any problems transporting the drone in hold luggage such distances ?
2. Regulations regarding the use of drones in Australia and specifically NSW.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

RonT,
1. Should be ok to transport drone - but check with your airline
2. NSW - no problem flying drone here - but in some areas there are restrictions - CASA (Federal agency) has a app that
clearly tells you.
3. You MUST also register your done with CASA. NO ifs or buts !

1. Are there any problems transporting the drone in hold luggage such distances ?
No airline has any restrictions on the drone being in checked luggage.
But no airline allows lithium batteries to be in checked luggage.
You will have to have your batteries in carry-on luggage.
Follow this link to find the rules and other info: Drones
Don't even think of flying around the popular tourist spots in Sydney Harbour - that's a no fly zone and has a lot of helicopter traffic.
Except that there is still no system in place for drone registration.
Perhaps they'll get around to it some day but no-one knows when.

Reactions: roadblock
By and large use common sense but CASA is the main site so have a look at:-
Open Sky (OpenSky – Wing) will advise where you can fly
DO NOT under any circumstances fly if there is an emergency event such as bushfire etc. It could end badly for you in more ways than one.
AND AND watch out for wedge tail eagles, they have a low tolerance for UAV's (check out youtube).
Should I mention drop bears?

Reactions: OOO
Thank you all for great advice. Bit worried about the drop bears tho ! ?

Aiming to be helpful:-

I'd only worry about flying near airports (stupid could kill someone and cause gov to ruin our hobby) and getting it past customs, laws are dumb tho just don't get caught breaking them lol

BTW, does your name have anything to do with the R-on-T phenomenon?

Last edited:
I'd only worry about ... and getting it past customs, laws are dumb tho just don't get caught breaking them lol
Getting it past Customs won't be a problem because there's no restriction on bringing in your personal items like cameras, laptops, drones etc.

RonT,
1. Should be ok to transport drone - but check with your airline
2. NSW - no problem flying drone here - but in some areas there are restrictions - CASA (Federal agency) has a app that
clearly tells you.

Pretty you don’t have to register for an ARN unless planning on working commercially.

Looking for advice really, am travelling to Australia soon was thinking of taking my P4P, two points really.

Any help and advice gratefully received.
I have carried my p4p in its case as carry on baggage with Air Asia. Cebu Pacific and PAL airlines out an into Australia with no issues. The Lipo should be carry on in a proper protection bag.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic