Good aftermarket charger in 2023

Reaction score
Hi All,

After running my P4 RTK all day and charging using my Honda generator, I now realize I really need one of those multi lead chargers that charge 3 batteries at once.

Options in Australia are pretty much the YX blue one:

But I might be able to get a hold of an Energen model, which I kind of prefer for the USB outlets and removable battery leads. It does seem this one charges slower though?

Has anyone had any experience with either, or even better both long term? How'd it go?

I'm pretty fussy about my battery management, so I'd like to take a hot battery and let it sit (possibly with a USB powered fan on it) until the next battery comes back, then put it on the charger and sit the next hot battery by the fan if that makes sense. I really don't like slapping hot batteries straight on the charger, so doing it this way will give me the one flight worth of cooling rule of thumb.

My understanding is that the batteries own management system won't allow any overcharging/overheating, so that should be all good?

When the day is done I can take them home, let them cool right down then storage charge them on the DJI charger.

I'd appreciate any advice, especially a supplier who ships the Energen internationally at a reasonable price.

Reactions: alisomilon
If you can locate an Energen charger, snap it up. I got my phantom four pro V2 in 2018 and very quickly purchased the Energen. And it’s all I used for the next four years. It’s very reliable charges three batteries and your transmitter all at the same time. And I found it to be excellent. I wish they made something similar for the Mavic three batteries…

If you can locate an Energen charger, snap it up. I got my phantom four pro V2 in 2018 and very quickly purchased the Energen. And it’s all I used for the next four years. It’s very reliable charges three batteries and your transmitter all at the same time. And I found it to be excellent. I wish they made something similar for the Mavic three batteries…

Thank you.

Was it slower than the standard charger? Like did it charge all 3 in the time the standard charger charged 1? For some reason I was under the impression the Energen charged much slower.

As it goes I bought 2x the YX charger off Aliexpress for a very cheap rate, but I also just made an offer on ebay on the Energen as well for good measure.

I'm using an Agras spray drone, and we need to map before each job. To get 1px resolution is very slow with the P4 RTK, and keeping the batteries up to it was a drama.

Thank you.

Was it slower than the standard charger? Like did it charge all 3 in the time the standard charger charged 1? For some reason I was under the impression the Energen charged much slower.

As it goes I bought 2x the YX charger off Aliexpress for a very cheap rate, but I also just made an offer on ebay on the Energen as well for good measure.

I'm using an Agras spray drone, and we need to map before each job. To get 1px resolution is very slow with the P4 RTK, and keeping the batteries up to it was a drama.
, I never timed it but generally felt that it was similar to a standard charger. Also, I rarely deplete my batteries more than about 25% while flying but since I had seven of them, I rarely he did more than that in a given shoot that I wouldn’t be able to, take a break have lunch and recharge a few more.

Again, being able to charge all three batteries, and the transmitter at once, rather than one, after the other singly was such a huge advantage. I also have the DJI three battery dock so I can put 6 batteries on the 2 chargers, at once and end up with four of them within an hour or hour and 15 minutes ready to go and the other two still charging.

, I never timed it but generally felt that it was similar to a standard charger. Also, I rarely deplete my batteries more than about 25% while flying but since I had seven of them, I rarely he did more than that in a given shoot that I wouldn’t be able to, take a break have lunch and recharge a few more.

Again, being able to charge all three batteries, and the transmitter at once, rather than one, after the other singly was such a huge advantage. I also have the DJI three battery dock so I can put 6 batteries on the 2 chargers, at once and end up with four of them within an hour or hour and 15 minutes ready to go and the other two still charging.

Thanks very much.

As it goes I bought 2x YX charger at a very reasonable price, but then I spotted a floor/display stock Energen new/unused and grabbed that too!

Now I'm up to my arse in chargers, or will be when they arrive!

Tried mapping my 140 acres again today with my 5 batteries, and it's just no go on the stock charger, and I'll possibly need more batteries even with the new chargers. I ran them all using the auto low battery RTH, but there was no chance of keeping up. I've got a 2000W Honda inverter generator with 2 outlets, so I'm going to need 2 of my new chargers and possibly 6-9 batteries for continuous operation. Which is fine, I'll work it out when the new chargers arrive.

I've got some questions about settings for the P4 RTK, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Thanks again!

Hi All,

After running my P4 RTK all day and charging using my Honda generator, I now realize I really need one of those multi lead chargers that charge 3 batteries at once.

Options in Australia are pretty much the YX blue one:

But I might be able to get a hold of an Energen model, which I kind of prefer for the USB outlets and removable battery leads. It does seem this one charges slower though?

Has anyone had any experience with either, or even better both long term? How'd it go?

I'm pretty fussy about my battery management, so I'd like to take a hot battery and let it sit (possibly with a USB powered fan on it) until the next battery comes back, then put it on the charger and sit the next hot battery by the fan if that makes sense. I really don't like slapping hot batteries straight on the charger, so doing it this way will give me the one flight worth of cooling rule of thumb.

My understanding is that the batteries own management system won't allow any overcharging/overheating, so that should be all good?

When the day is done I can take them home, let them cool right down then storage charge them on the DJI charger.

I'd appreciate any advice, especially a supplier who ships the Energen internationally at a reasonable price.
I have been using the YX blue version for about 3-4 years. It has removable leads and I am quite happy with it. I have 5 batteries and I can run continuously thru the day on 4 batteries using this charger. 5th battery is in case of in the field failures.

I don't know anything about the other charger you mentioned.

Hope this helps

I am a little scared of using 3rd party charger because these batteries are so expensive to replace. So far the only charger I use is the 3 battery charger that DJI sells that charges the batteries one at a time. I am sure it is fine, I just feel a little scared though. But again I have a aftermarket car charger too for a car charger too. But that only charges one battery at a time. It just seems like so much power to possibly go to the battery if it malfunctions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj