Updated Controller Firmware - Now Horrible Video Signal

Reaction score
I updated my P3P controller last week to the latest firmware version, and since then the video on my tablet has been pixelating, dropping out, dimming and re-brightening.
The photos and video clips are fine.
But the screen goes so dark at times that I'm afraid I'll lose contact with my aircraft and lose it.

Can I roll back the controller firmware to an earlier version?

I updated my P3P controller last week to the latest firmware version, and since then the video on my tablet has been pixelating, dropping out, dimming and re-brightening.
The photos and video clips are fine.
But the screen goes so dark at times that I'm afraid I'll lose contact with my aircraft and lose it.

Can I roll back the controller firmware to an earlier version?
What you noted is consistent with what several others have posted here regarding the latest RC firmware since it was released.

Yes, you should be able to downgrade to an earlier version.
Try it by following this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please keep in mind that if your AC has 1.8 or higher then your RC must have 1.6 or higher.

What you noted is consistent with what several others have posted here regarding the latest RC firmware since it was released.

Yes, you should be able to downgrade to an earlier version.
Try it by following this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please keep in mind that if your AC has 1.8 or higher then your RC must have 1.6 or higher.
Thanks so very much! I'll get on it right away!

When I get to the screen to choose what do downgrade to; I get, No available firmware to downgrade to. They locked us into the worst FW ever!

When I get to the screen to choose what do downgrade to; I get, No available firmware to downgrade to. They locked us into the worst FW ever!
My screen did not show the little box as the video showed, but had a menu down-down (horizontal lines).
Did you hold that icon down until the page came up?

My screen did not show the little box as the video showed, but had a menu down-down (horizontal lines).
Did you hold that icon down until the page came up?

Yes, the page came up and told me there were no downgrades available. I am currently at DJI GO 3.0.1, FW Version 1.9.6.0, Remote Controller 1.8.0. The exact phrase it said was: No available firmware for downgrade. Tried to click on the small down arrow and no response.

Just a quick update. Dji told me my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is "compatible" but not "recommended".
So I bought a Nvidia Shield K-1 today, bease it is on their recommended list. They said the CPU power difference is likely responsible.

I bought a Nvidia Shield K-1 today, bease it is on their recommended list.
The Nvidia Shield K1 is not supported by DJI either. It does work well though.

i experienced the same issue. one of the first P3P when they came out 300a controller and never once had any issues with firmware. This latest controller update is a total piece of crap. I cannot fly anymore, cannot downgrade. 20 feet away and loss signal, pixelated, green lines. disconnects.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Same here, I just got my Shield K1 because it has been raved about for so long. This is the new batch of Shield K1's. I'm thinking they did something wrong. But, turns out, maybe it's DJI? I have applied all and I mean all of the fixes written about on this forum and some from the Nvidia forum. Nothing helps. Has to be DJI's firmware or the GO app or something. Could also be Android 6.01. But then, it is the responsibility of DJI to get the Android 6.01 and work with it. Also, DJI comes out with new FW so often that you either have to wait till the mighty and the brave test it. Or stop flying where you would like to until you test it in a safe area yourself first. Are other drone manufacturers so sporadic in releasing FW that evidently hasn't been tested by their own quality control people? Since they release it so quickly, they couldn't possibly test it. They just wait for us to test it after we crash and then come out with a fix. Tired of this DJI garbage and their poorly written firmware. End of my rant. Thanks for listening.

Reactions: bobomet
I was so glad that I had only started backing up my IPad mini a week before I had upgraded to that totally messed up version! I had to erase my IPad then restore it the the week before it happened!!! Problem solved!!! But I think I'll try the NvidiaShield K-1 for a backup device!

I was so glad that I had only started backing up my IPad mini a week before I had upgraded to that totally messed up version! I had to erase my IPad then restore it the the week before it happened!!! Problem solved!!! But I think I'll try the NvidiaShield K-1 for a backup device!

When you do, let us know how the Shield K1 works for you. Many of us are having tons of lag issues. Not sure if it's the Shield or the DJI FW. Thanks.

When you do, let us know how the Shield K1 works for you. Many of us are having tons of lag issues. Not sure if it's the Shield or the DJI FW. Thanks.
I should have mike K-1 on Tuesday, and hope to test it out that day.
I did roll back my RC FW to the version prior to the current, tested it today, and everything was as smooth as silk. I'm not sure I'll update again until I am 100% sure it is necessary for me.

I should have mike K-1 on Tuesday, and hope to test it out that day.
I did roll back my RC FW to the version prior to the current, tested it today, and everything was as smooth as silk. I'm not sure I'll update again until I am 100% sure it is necessary for me.

At least you were able to revert back to another version of FW. Good luck on Tuesday or shortly after when you are able to test it. But, then again as you say, you may not use the current FW. I don't blame you. If you do experience lag issues though, it may not be the FW with the Shield K1. Let us know if you have problems even with the older FW. Thanks.

Was anyone able to fix this? I've returned my p3 pro once during the summer for video transmission lost at 50 yards and it was returned fixed. Updated to the latest... and getting the same video loss after update. Freaking ridiculous I haven't flown much because of all the update issues.. according to repair they replaced the gimbal to fix it.. wtf..

Same problem for me a few weeks ago after RC FW upgrade. I lost video into a pink and purple mess. Both my Nexus 7 and Samsung 8 Pro. I rolled it back to 1.6 now everything is great. I'm keeping the wi-fi off so I don't get stuck with another DJI "upgrade". I wish they would leave well enough alone so we can count on using our equipment when we want to.

Also wondering about the Nvidia Shield K-1, I got my P3P last week and have been using my iPhone6, but now it's time for something bigger. I was set to go with iPad Air2 when I heard about the Nvidia Shield K-1 from Msinger's website. I am intrigued by the Shield because of the mini HDMI port. Am I right that this would allow an extra video feed to power another screen without buying the add on HDMI port module? This looks like a great idea although I would have to buy the Android Litchi app I guess.

Don't mean to hijack this thread about the firmware update, I went flying this morning and got the alerts to update, that's why I am here.

I also really want to know if I should get the Shield. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic