UPDATE: P4 Gimbal Twitching in Yaw Axis

Reaction score
Pilots!!!!

HELP. My P4 Gimbal started to "Twitch" in the yaw axis. I've done several gimbal calibrations and resets to factory the gimbal settings but no help. Any ideas?
My info: All sensors okay, wind calm, full battery, iPad mini 5th generation used as monitor, all latest firmware loaded.
Help!!!

I'm glad to report that after sending my P4 to DJI Service I have received basically a brand new aircraft!!! They found the gimbal roll motor bad, performed a thoroughly inspection that revealed cracks in the landing skids and they were replaced. Absolutely a fantastic customer experience. It took in total 8 days from DJI receiving the aircraft until I got it back, ONLY 8 days. The price was right too. $182. After reading in this forum and elsewhere horror stories about DJI customer service I don't know what to believe, my case was very well taking care of. I flew it and put the aircraft through her paces in all modes and intelligent sets and everything went good, no glitches or bad behavior. Good job DJI. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for your time to answer my question. Assuming you’re talking about the obstacle sensors could you elaborate a little more on how these sensors interact with the gimbal so I can understand the erroneous intermittent behavior of the gimbal?
I forget to clarify I haven’t crashed or hard landed my P4, my gimbal problems seem to have started without any particular cause.

Actually I was talking about the sensors on the yaw motor. Maybe it has sand or dirt in the yaw motor if it has never had a hard landing. Here is a photo showing what sensor damage may look like. I don't think you will find it looks like this. This was caused by a crash

Attachments

• Yaw sensor damage.jpg
    Yaw sensor damage.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 341
Thanks, I know what you are talking about, those motors are brushless so they use ‘sensors’ per say built in the rotor which in conjunction with the ESC (electronic speed control) switch on-off the motor. But you’re right I haven’t crashed and destroy the gimbal to be able to see the motor inside.

Yaw motors are fairly cheap. I would replace it. If you do be sure to watch this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31