Ultrasound Failure

Reaction score
Could not find this when searching. I am getting a message stating "Ultrasound Failure; land as soon as possible" just after take off at about 10 to 15 feet. With this message, all bottom lights turn red. It responds normally, and when I bring it back to me at about 6 feet, the red lights turn green/red (normal) and the message goes away.
I approached a tree to test, and it stopped as it was supposed to.
Anyone know what might be the problem and a fix?
Thanks...

Ultrasonsics are sound that bounces downward, not the collision avoidance system that uses two forward facing cameras. Check the screens on the bottom of the body.

Ultrasonsics are sound that bounces downward, not the collision avoidance system that uses two forward facing cameras. Check the screens on the bottom of the body.
Thanks...I checked the screens and they are clear. I always take off from my large case, and I always catch by hand. So it is never on the ground to have anything enter the screens.

If you have a gimbal guard across your landing gear and it's not position forward enough it will cause the same thing I install the guard on my landing gear and I had it backwards and had the same thing happened to it, turn it around or move it forward and then try it

I don't have a gimbal guard, It is the same configuration as it came out of the box.
I have read where a firmware upgrade causes this, but I haven't upgraded in a very long time.
This has happened during the last 3 flights.

Sorry didn't fix mine either, It did ok the last 2 flights but doing it again so took the gimbal guard off and I still have a problem. I will ck with DJI and get back

well it seems i learned something, i went into DJI Assistant 2 and updated the phantom then calibrated my vision sensors after that it said to update the controller (I guess it needed a tune up) when that was all done took it out and it flew without any problems, hope this helps

Does anyone have a guess as to what is causing my ultrasound warning to come on saying to land immediately? (See previous post above)
I know how to calibrate my vision sensors. Cant find anything on ultrasound calibration..if it can even be done.

Does anyone have a guess as to what is causing my ultrasound warning to come on saying to land immediately? (See previous post above)
I know how to calibrate my vision sensors. Cant find anything on ultrasound calibration..if it can even be done.
I have almost same warning or prompt,I'm over it ages ago,I'm sure mine ok it might be a bug of some sort going around,,have had this for long time and used to it,,nothing wrong with performance or it playing games over water,tried clearing it in warnings but always returns,I just use cotton bud to keep lens clean,that's it,,never had luck with any computers ,have you tried a imu calibration, unsure if it would help but worth a try,
Screenshot_20180715-192354.jpg

go to MC Settings then Advanced Settings then down to Enable vision Positioning System and turn it off

As I found out at the beginning of this post, ultrasound has nothing to do with vision avoidance or IMU.
Never had a hard landing, no add on's, and screens are clean.
DJI has responded to my question on their support page. Also found many others have had this same problem. They want my firmware that's installed, and if it happens in all areas flown. Seems like most people have this after latest firmware update.
Flies okay. Just the warning and all lights turn red.

432E6B3F-8C0B-4520-96B0-857CEB758202.png Is this the message you are getting on your P4...i kept getting this on mine even after calibration

I'm a little confused. Is the ultrasound connected to the vision sensing? I thought they were separate.
I did a post ages ago about clicking noise,turned out it was p4 mechanical sonar making its noise,(not sposed to be but sometimes audible to human ear,that's why dogs not like),,I under impression that these sonar clicks hit the ground and tell the vps cams (on ocular I think called) to help stable hover and give altitude reading,,hope that's right,,,,front cams OA called monocular

No, mine says something like, "Ultrasound sensor failure, land as soon as possible". That's after passing through around 15 or 20 ft. I have been closing it out and flying anyway.

I don't think there is a calibration for ultrasound. Yes for vision sensors. Would like to know if they are somehow connected. I have been told yes they are...and no they aren't. ???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl