Ultrasonic sensor error

Reaction score
Ultrasonic sensor error !!! This has come up I've redone all my calibrations I have received installed my app live turned it vps but I don't like that is this a hardware problem or a software clitch can any one enlighten me? P4 standard btw

Well I have just had a vision error, hardware fault contact DJI etc, I diid all the testing, recalibration, downgrade firmware, upgrade/refresh firmware, the downward sensors still would not work.
I removed the gimbal cover plate and checked all the connections and still it did not work.

Eventually I had to conclude there was indeed a hardware fault.
I managed to buy the sensor module from someone who was parting out a P4 and fitted this to my P4, and problem solved.

Not saying this is your problem, but after you have eliminated all the possible software/firmware problems, then whatever remains, however unlikely must be the cause. ( Apologies to Sherlock)
If you do have to replace the module, it is not easy, unless you have very small fingers.
Sorry this is not much help, but I spent a week trying to sort mine out, it is very frustrating.
Good luck, hope you are flying again soon.

Ultrasonic sensor error !!! This has come up I've redone all my calibrations I have received installed my app live turned it vps but I don't like that is this a hardware problem or a software clitch can any one enlighten me? P4 standard btw
You never stated how old your drone is and IF its still under Dji's warranty ?.......IF it is contact Dji and get a return authorization number and send it back for repairs !

I have heard of the waiting times from DJI, so because I'm 66 and have lots of spare time, I will keep cleaning an checking connections until problem/solution is found. This is my first large drone so I just figure its a simple problem. Tomorrow will be going to Carlsbad, California taking pictures of the flower fields.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Well I have just had a vision error, hardware fault contact DJI etc, I diid all the testing, recalibration, downgrade firmware, upgrade/refresh firmware, the downward sensors still would not work.
I removed the gimbal cover plate and checked all the connections and still it did not work.

Eventually I had to conclude there was indeed a hardware fault.
I managed to buy the sensor module from someone who was parting out a P4 and fitted this to my P4, and problem solved.

Not saying this is your problem, but after you have eliminated all the possible software/firmware problems, then whatever remains, however unlikely must be the cause. ( Apologies to Sherlock)
If you do have to replace the module, it is not easy, unless you have very small fingers.
Sorry this is not much help, but I spent a week trying to sort mine out, it is very frustrating.
Good luck, hope you are flying again soon.
Thanks for the reply the error message comes and goes, I went a while without it but it's back I usually get on dji assistant and calibrate everything and it will be good for a while personally I think it has something to do with amount of interference during start up we have numerous wifi accounts in the area plus a wireless dog fence just a theory

You never stated how old your drone is and IF its still under Dji's warranty ?.......IF it is contact Dji and get a return authorization number and send it back for repairs !
I got it used warranty ran out in December

Had the same said onscreen prompt to use assistant to calibrate ,,had it for a while,I just cleared warning in app and it not returned

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj