My understanding is it needs to be in a fixable condition. But I also saw a thread where they worked with a customer that had a disaster buy helping him financially to replace an I fixable unit. This is not "replacement" insurance. It's "I had a crash and it is fixable" insurance.

Reactions: Neary Aerial
I would like to see the number of "fixable" crashes vs the number of "non-fixable" crashes. Guessing that most of us fly at 200-300 feet, it's hard to imagine too many units being fixable after falling from 300 feet? I see value in fixing non crash issues, but when it comes to a crash I'm not too sure how much one could gain from this contract? JMHO

I would think almost every crash would be fixable. Unless it was run over by a semi truck after.

I would like to see the number of "fixable" crashes vs the number of "non-fixable" crashes. Guessing that most of us fly at 200-300 feet, it's hard to imagine too many units being fixable after falling from 300 feet? I see value in fixing non crash issues, but when it comes to a crash I'm not too sure how much one could gain from this contract? JMHO
I don't have exact numbers of "fixable" crashes. But, it's almost all of them. The number of "non-fixable" crashes we've seen under our coverage since the release of our Service Contract last April is one. Yes, just one. And, that's right, we paid for half of his brand new replacement and transferred our coverage to his new one.
The bottom line is that we take care of our customers. We aren't in the business of replacing drones. But, we'll do whatever it takes to keep you flying.
Thanks for all the comments! :)

Reactions: captainmilehigh
i think im ready to buy Neary insurance after reading everything here.
and i dont even have a phantom yet. lol. still doing research! i dread props flying off after reading 1 thread about it...
That's what I did for my P3S. And I don't have to deal with DJI. Ever.

And NO, I'm not affiliated with NAM or Matt in any way. Just a happy camper. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im not a potential customer, since I live half a world away, but I am curious how much it costs, and also, how you avoid this service being abused; for instance, I crash my phantom and total the gimbal/camera, so I get a contract with you and 2 weeks later, I report the crash?

Im not a potential customer, since I live half a world away, but I am curious how much it costs, and also, how you avoid this service being abused; for instance, I crash my phantom and total the gimbal/camera, so I get a contract with you and 2 weeks later, I report the crash?

Well, it's bound to happen. But, we try to safeguard this by requiring photos of the gimbal and UAV serial numbers at the time of purchase. So far, we haven't suspected any fraudulent claims. When something fishy comes up, we ask questions. We also look through forums and FB groups to see if that customer has bragged or complained about a crash before the claim or before their purchase. I'm sure if someone were sneaky enough, they could pull it off. But, it's my contention that most people are not out to take advantage of us.

The cost is similar to most extended warranty protection plans. Roughly 15-20% of the retail cost of the covered drone.

But, it's my contention that most people are not out to take advantage of us.

No, I agree most people tend to be honest, but the problem with a service that can be exploited, is that it attracts all the bad apples. Just a tip: at least make sure the photo's are recent. Anyone reading this may be smart enough to make pictures as "insurance (fraud) policy". Give them a code or something to photograph with the pictures.

code or something to photograph with the pictures like Swappa.com doesnt work because it can easily be photoshopped. doing a video would be better.
code with video of uav working fine would definitely cut the 15 days waiting period down to 1 day.
i just bought the insurance from Neary and the wait is killing me :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic