crashed after RTH , warranty

And all of these are things that would indicate that you were in no condition to be flying in that particular situation.

Even if you aren't going to get a Part 107 certification, it might be helpful to read Chapter 10 of the Part 107 study guide. Of particular interest might be Figure 10 which details the 5 Hazardous Attitudes.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

Good luck in the future.
Missed that. But the point is still valid. Pilot attitude and fitness for the mission is as important as equipment fitness.

Safe operations, starting with the pilot's physical and mental states, should not be confined to US or non-RoW operators. Even though these are guidelines put forth by the FAA, they should apply to all who use these devices. Not possible to police it, but we can at least strive to educate new users whether they are in the heartland of America or the Australian Outback. (Or Bulgaria). Sorry if your ears feel bashed.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Safe operations, starting with the pilot's physical and mental states, should not be confined to US or non-RoW operators. Even though these are guidelines put forth by the FAA, they should apply to all who use these devices. Not possible to police it, but we can at least strive to educate new users whether they are in the heartland of America or the Australian Outback. (Or Bulgaria). Sorry if your ears feel bashed.
Agreed- jumping on the OP and suggesting he deserved to loose his AC while adding nothing to address his questions is a bit rough.

@MotorCycle-Man,
"I've said it Before and i will say it again : Too bad members here don't put what island they are On Or what State in the USA they live in or what continent that they are ON...sure would make it Much easier to Help them initially !"
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

@mengo,
Sucks Man.
"At the end the aircraft fell out of the sky on 6-8% battery from 7m at 130m."
The end of the flight shows 1' altitude. Yours did exactly what my P3S did over 2 years ago, it would have landed but fell into a hole that it couldn't see, The ground wasn't there.
Mine made it to -70', then dropped 220' more. Wasn't a pretty thing to watch.

11:50 7,872.4'
14:20 4,845.2'
3 mins 10 seconds and traveled 3000', Battery and cell values didn't change?
My how time fly's :rolleyes:
Your app wasn't getting the full story, just a summery.

You had some speeds going away from you in 40's mph, mine doesn't go that fast, you would have a head wind coming back.

Taking of with a partial battery?
I was creating a mission yesterday, while I was working on it I had three batteries on three different charges, I wanted to fly it so bad before the opportunity ended.

I just had to walk away do something else and come back.

Buy the time one of them was fully charged, I flew the mission. :) Of coarse it was to late, but I really didn't want to looking for a dead battery, etc.

Your asking about the flight data, you need the app to tell the Phantom to download it. No gimbal, no connections from the app. :eek:
Otherwise you have to remove the SD card from the main board. With a Soldering Iron.

Every time you power on the Phantom, it creates a new log, and older ones will be erased if the card is full.
You will get it fixed before your going to over wright what your looking for.

BTW,
Welcome to the Forum! :)

Rod

I agree with you 100% Higher and if its a club and they are NOT flying a drone By the rules especially " line Of Sight ".......they need to be " Kicked OUT of the club " period !

@MotorCycle-Man,
"I've said it Before and i will say it again : Too bad members here don't put what island they are On Or what State in the USA they live in or what continent that they are ON...sure would make it Much easier to Help them initially !"
View attachment 103343

@mengo,
Sucks Man.
"At the end the aircraft fell out of the sky on 6-8% battery from 7m at 130m."
The end of the flight shows 1' altitude. Yours did exactly what my P3S did over 2 years ago, it would have landed but fell into a hole that it couldn't see, The ground wasn't there.
Mine made it to -70', then dropped 220' more. Wasn't a pretty thing to watch.

11:50 7,872.4'
14:20 4,845.2'
3 mins 10 seconds and traveled 3000', Battery and cell values didn't change?
My how time fly's :rolleyes:
Your app wasn't getting the full story, just a summery.

You had some speeds going away from you in 40's mph, mine doesn't go that fast, you would have a head wind coming back.

Taking of with a partial battery?
I was creating a mission yesterday, while I was working on it I had three batteries on three different charges, I wanted to fly it so bad before the opportunity ended.

I just had to walk away do something else and come back.

Buy the time one of them was fully charged, I flew the mission. :) Of coarse it was to late, but I really didn't want to looking for a dead battery, etc.

Your asking about the flight data, you need the app to tell the Phantom to download it. No gimbal, no connections from the app. :eek:
Otherwise you have to remove the SD card from the main board. With a Soldering Iron.

Every time you power on the Phantom, it creates a new log, and older ones will be erased if the card is full.
You will get it fixed before your going to over wright what your looking for.

BTW,
Welcome to the Forum! :)

Rod
No de-soldering required to remove the internal SD card, it is glued in though. Not hard to remove when you have the AC disassembled.

With.....Ok Glued in with what kind of glue...contact...hot glue....airplane balsa glue or epoxy.. ect ?

With.....Ok Glued in with what kind of glue...contact...hot glue....airplane balsa glue or epoxy.. ect ?
My guess, relying on memory- RTV silicone. Same goo as they use on the motor fly leads at the inverted outputs from the ESC’s. I wish they put a bit around the and electrolytic decoupling caps, they are very easily broken off the board when splitting the case.

Thanks thats Great Info to know IF and when the cases need to be Split Open.......Thank you With !

No de-soldering required to remove the internal SD card, it is glued in though. Not hard to remove when you have the AC disassembled.
Thanks, I was under the impression that it was mounted to the board.
So the board has a socket and the SD card is glued into place?

Still to small for my patience, I would still break something. :eek:

Rod

How old is the battery? In my experience, Lipo batteries will lose capacity as they age. A result is the power level dropping rapidly starting at about 50%. I’m basing this on my RC experience with other batteries. My DJI batteries are about 1.5 years old and don’t last as long as they used to but I haven’t noticed the power drop in them yet. Anyone else?

How old is the battery? In my experience, Lipo batteries will lose capacity as they age. A result is the power level dropping rapidly starting at about 50%. I’m basing this on my RC experience with other batteries. My DJI batteries are about 1.5 years old and don’t last as long as they used to but I haven’t noticed the power drop in them yet. Anyone else?
The LiPO pouches are no different in the DJI batteries than the bare liPO packs you are used to- the only notable exception might be that these are HV LiPO's. What do you mean by power level dropping? The remaining capacity on a DJI pack won't drop faster after 50% (assuming load hasn't changed significantly) although total flight time will decrease with age and use. This is simply because the full gauging is constantly adjusted to account for changes in the condition of the cells including internal resistance.

Whether a citizen of the US or not, or whether a recreational pilot or not, the FAA training for a Part 107 license is well worth getting. You don't need to take the exam, but the learning from the course and from forums like this are very helpful.

Reactions: higherperspective

This is actually not what happens. It appears to be but in fact is not.

All batterys supply power subject basically to three factors :

1. The power demanded on them by item
2. Voltage the pack can support on demand
3. The amps to deliver the watts demanded.

What happens as a pack gets older - its INTERNAL RESISTANCE increases. This means that the battery has to overcome its own resistance to supply power. This creates a voltage drop and amps increases to compensate to maintain the watts. This is a vicious circle as it then increases pack temperature, Internal resistance, voltage drop and so on ... an equilibrium is reached which when the pack is being discharged cannot be maintained for long and you have a sharp fall in power ... the often observed short battery run.

Regardless of the 'myth' - a batterys capacity doesn't actually change that much over its life .. what does is that all important ability to deliver it and that is subject to that Internal Resistance factor.

Internal Resistance is the problem and cannot be avoided. The only way to try avoid its cutting short the effective life of a pack is to not subject it to extreme loads ... too low discharge .... too long charged at high levels. Good husbandry rewards you with reasonable battery life.

Nigel

Ok...here's some valuable helpful advice. Know your aircraft, take off with full batteries, dont fly BVLOS. I believe that would have solved all the OP's problems.
I always wonder about BVLOS. Once my Mavic or Spark is airborn and high I really can't see it. I can hear it better than see it. If drones are made to fly miles away then why don't they limit that? I fly to other pastures to check cattle, hay, troughs or gates. I could not possible see the drone all the time and complete those missions.

Reactions: deltamike
I always wonder about BVLOS. Once my Mavic or Spark is airborn and high I really can't see it. I can hear it better than see it. If drones are made to fly miles away then why don't they limit that? I fly to other pastures to check cattle, hay, troughs or gates. I could not possible see the drone all the time and complete those missions.
Cars are made to travel well in excess of speed limits and they can easily go on the wrong side of the road and against traffic signals and signs. The fact the video link and control signals operate well in excess of VLOS provides a high level of reliability and performance at closer distances.

In this forum you can find very comprehensive explanations about the battery issues.
And there is an emphasized statement in particular that you can't rely on partially drained battery.
I personally would never go to a 2000m flight with 50% of battery! 500m would be more than enough. If it is within the same day, then I would fly if I had at least 70% left.
Read that, it is really useful.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl