TRIPLE BATT CHARGING

Reaction score
question guys.... is this safe?

Attachments

• photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 457
Mori55 said:
I use it all the time. Why wouldn't be safe ? It's a parallel charger.

thank you... I'm just thinking something, because of the upgrade firmware of the battery.... but my charger is so hot.

Mannyx said:
but my charger is so hot
I'm not sure which one you're using -- but, I was researching these on Amazon last night and I saw the one brand is known to run hot (per the reviews).

the phantom lipo dont have any current limiter, the charger has a current limiter set at 4A so that is the maximum current all lipo can receive
basically, connecting 3 lipo in parallel will need 3 times the time for a complete charge

if you want to make it happen faster, you need a lipo charger that can output 12A in PB program for 3 batteries
but be careful the parallel board support that high current

You can use any power supply with those parallel chargers that outputs 12.6 - 13V or so. But they warn not to use too high current when only charging one or two batteries
(I forget the exact numbers, but something like don't exceed 5A per battery, so max 5A for one battery, 10A for two, 15A for 3).

I just bought a second standard charger, two regular chargers will out perform the triple charger.

urgno said:
the phantom lipo dont have any current limiter, the charger has a current limiter set at 4A so that is the maximum current all lipo can receive
basically, connecting 3 lipo in parallel will need 3 times the time for a complete charge

if you want to make it happen faster, you need a lipo charger that can output 12A in PB program for 3 batteries
but be careful the parallel board support that high current

And they do make such things. They are about $100 on Amazon (15A charger).

Three OEM DJI chargers are about the same price, give or take, with some searching. I currently own two, and am picking up a third.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl