Phantom 3 remote charging issue

Basically in the last 10 mins, the batter level lights had quit flashing, it powers up, but the red led flashes and beeps every flash.

The other two remotes. They power up make there tone, the red Led goes to solid.

My bet this remote may have had a problem already, the broken antenna really appeared to caused by how it was packed.

But, anyways I still learned something today, I got to share it. 👍 :)👌

BTW, the P3A doesn't have a battery in it.

Rod ..

Ok lads I bit the bullet and did it. I cleaned up around the ic with break clean to lift any loose clear coating.(was recommended in another youtube video, but didn’t do anything) I did note that it’s the only component not coated in the clear coat! (cause of the issue?) So applied a bit of flux to hopefully help. First attempt failed. I had nothing once the battery was reconnected! A bit of swearing and disconnect and tried again. I put a small scratch into the solder due to thinking maybe it didn’t melt and I’d see it level out the scratch if it returns to liquid. Bingo a bit of extra heat and time the solder levelled off and once cooled reconnected and I’m fixed. Four light, 100% in the app. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I’m wondering if a coat of clear nail polish or some pcb coating would protect it from humidity or moisture that causes the issue to begin with.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl