Trees blocking my signal

I don't think Waypoints would work with the Go app. You have to fly the mission and mark the points to turn or go up/down before you can actually turn it loose on the mission. So you would lose connection while trying to set up the Waypoints...

My first thing to try would be a set of Windsurfers from Amazon. I paid about $14.00 for mine and made a drastic signal strength improvement. I can range out to 7,500 feet at 400 feet altitude with Litchi still showing 100% signal! Before that I would frequently disconnect before I got past 5,000 feet. However you have to realize the parabolic reflectors direct the signal mostly in one direction and you should keep the beam path pointed at the drone. This means have the shiny side facing the drone.

If that still doesn’t work you’ve only spent a small amount of money. Let us know if you get your problem worked out. Interesting post!
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.
Hi, thanks for that info, what brand did you go with...?
Kev

Hi! An update: Litchi still not support the Phantom 3 SE. Here is their answer from today:
P3 SE is not currently supported.
When/If DJI adds support for it in the development kit,
then we will too. So far it looks like DJI has no plans
to add support for this older drone to the development kit
but we don't know their plans.

When I tested it on my Android devices I didn't get any video transmission. Also, it intermittent lose contact with the drone.

In this forum there are people saying that Litchi will work on an iPad. An iPad mini 4. I also have this one so now I wonder if I can get the money refunded if I buy an iPad version of Litchi.
/ Thomas

Last edited:
Would it be possible to move your location while using GO to setup it’s version of Waypoint mission? You might be able to avoid the trees blocking your signal.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

In this forum there are people saying that Litchi will work on an iPad. An iPad mini 4. I also have this one so now I wonder if I can get the money refunded if I buy an iPad version of Litchi.
/ Thomas

Thomas, please report back if you do try the mini 4. I just got a mini 4 and I'm wondering if I should buy Litchi.

Ken

GPS_Ken: Hi! I was disappointed. Checking my iPad Mini. Thought is was a Mini 4 but it was a Mini 2.... And this is not compatible with Litchi. iPad Mini 4 should work according to is written in this Forum - but no official support from Litchi. Will try some alternative mission apps instead.

GPS_Ken: Hi! I was disappointed. Checking my iPad Mini. Thought is was a Mini 4 but it was a Mini 2.... And this is not compatible with Litchi. iPad Mini 4 should work according to is written in this Forum - but no official support from Litchi. Will try some alternative mission apps instead.
Not sure about the mini, but I’ve successfully run litchi on both of my iPads, one of which is an old pre-air version that is out of support... it’s not on the “list” either, but it’ll run.

I do just about the same thing here, I’ve got a mission that runs down and looks at wildlife feeders, I built it to circle feeders, go to the next one and do the same, etc. then head back home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4