Reaction score
Hey guys I'm getting ready to replace the shell on my dji phantom 3 standard I was under the impression all i needed were a T6 and T8 but while trying to remove the camera I noticed the screws holding the covers for the antenna's was smaller then my smallest Torque which is a T5 can someone tell me what size I will need to for this? Thnx

Hey guys I'm getting ready to replace the shell on my dji phantom 3 standard I was under the impression all i needed were a T6 and T8 but while trying to remove the camera I noticed the screws holding the covers for the antenna's was smaller then my smallest Torque which is a T5 can someone tell me what size I will need to for this? Thnx
I think they 1.5 +drive(posi head)(philips) I got this phantom set of ebay,,was cheap and a good investment to have,,covers all screws on the phantoms to me knowlage
20180827_181752.jpg

Reactions: Valhalla_Bound
I went to Ace hardware an purchase a pack of torx drivers which encompass all the sizes you need. It's handy for all things electronic so worth the effort and expense $29 I think.

The plastic pieces in the ifixit set is a benefit if you are wanting to separate plastic tabs on shell pieces. Fifty years of fixing stuff. Wish I had this back then.

I am almost finished rebuilding my p3 standard but I ran into a problem. I went to connect the grey and black antenna wires to the gymbal and I noticed the black wire connects to the left of the gps plug. well it seems i connected the other end of the black antenna to the opposite side of the drone so the wire crosses the grey one. Now the reason I placed the black wire on that side to begin with was because the black wire is longer then the grey one and the black antenna is mounted farther away from the rear of the drone then the grey one is. If I go ahead and connect them like this will it mess up the antennas?

I am almost finished rebuilding my p3 standard but I ran into a problem. I went to connect the grey and black antenna wires to the gymbal and I noticed the black wire connects to the left of the gps plug. well it seems i connected the other end of the black antenna to the opposite side of the drone so the wire crosses the grey one. Now the reason I placed the black wire on that side to begin with was because the black wire is longer then the grey one and the black antenna is mounted farther away from the rear of the drone then the grey one is. If I go ahead and connect them like this will it mess up the antennas?
Gosh I'm not 100% sure,my black wire goes to gimble board and the grey down each side of legs,black wire must be the 5,8 and grey 2.4 so could have a issue,,mayby try re route if possible,black wire obviously for the transmission being going to the gimble board,,again I'm unsure if that would work,,sorry for my unsure awnser,,my grey wires have small module on each end
1536039065013-1295000313.jpg

20180904_172343.jpg

Gosh I'm not 100% sure,my black wire goes to gimble board and the grey down each side of legs,black wire must be the 5,8 and grey 2.4 so could have a issue,,mayby try re route if possible,black wire obviously for the transmission being going to the gimble board,,again I'm unsure if that would work,,sorry for my unsure awnser,,my grey wires have small module on each endView attachment 103135
View attachment 103134
Ianzone do you get a jello effect on any of your videos? as you have 4 anti drop pins connected to your camera gimbal plate there should only be 2 on diagonal; corners

Ianzone do you get a jello effect on any of your videos? as you have 4 anti drop pins connected to your camera gimbal plate there should only be 2 on diagonal; corners
Ah thanks , no never,but I like jelly and ice cream,yes have read posts about these rubbers in the past but all 4 have been on since new,I never put any more on it,,makes me think aswell when I see them with only 2 but this how I buy it from Noel lemming store,have not recorded anything with this drone for a while,or I post a vid,,I have just recent dusted the cobwebs off it,,but thanks for pointing that out mayby I should take 2 off :),and if wondering I had bad wifi and signal issues when I first buy it that's why me wires in legs are unclip ed,,I thought the plastic was shrouding the signal and it did help to have them more exposed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav