Too Bright!!

Reaction score
Happy New Years Everyone!! I have been flying my P3P since August without an issue. But now I need a little/lot of Help! My videos are Burnt Out, too Bright, they were perfect before!! I even tried flying on over casted days without any correction. Hopefully it’s just a Setting!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

CaveInn Labradors

Have you switched it by accident to manual camera settings and you've increased the ISO?

Happy New Years Everyone!! I have been flying my P3P since August without an issue. But now I need a little/lot of Help! My videos are Burnt Out, too Bright, they were perfect before!! I even tried flying on over casted days without any correction. Hopefully it’s just a Setting!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

CaveInn Labradors

It sounds like your camera settings flipped over from AUTO to MANUAL. I would start there.

My videos are Burnt Out, too Bright, they were perfect before!! I even tried flying on over casted days without any correction. Hopefully it’s just a Setting!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Pay attention to your camera data that shows in the upper right of your screen.
Particularly the EV value, seen here in blue (EV0)
i-gpw6s6j-M.png

When that is showing a value close to zero, your exposure should be pretty good.
But if you accidentally set exposure compensation to EV+2.0 or EV+3.0, your images and videos will be 2 or 3 stops over exposed.

A lot of us on here actually slightly under expose footage and then get FCP software for example, to colour grade. Under exposing actually keeps the colour within the video footage whereas over exposing will “blow out” all the colour. You can control via EV as stated or if you wish setup in Manual-mode.

It's a flying camera. Gotta learn flight, and photography basics!

All great answers.

With regards to what gasjkh2 said, first turn on the histogram and learn how to use it, along with the rest of the snapshot and video settings. Play with it all while the aircraft is on but motors off, camera pointed in the direction of something interesting. No need to burn through batteries just to learn the camera.

Then, if you don't mind losing the instant gratification of being able to pull the SD card out to show off what you have captured, you could change the video capture to D-Log mode (and set your exposure and white balance manually). The problem with D-Log is that right off the card, without any additional processing, all the video will look flat, washed-out and lifeless. Then you install video editing software to process your videos and make 'em al dente.

There are tons of web sites and YouTube videos which explain what D-Log is and what color grading does. Google away.

But one step at a time!!!

And seriously, no shame in staying away from D-Log. But watch that histogram!!!

It's a flying camera. Gotta learn flight, and photography basics!

All great answers.

With regards to what gasjkh2 said, first turn on the histogram and learn how to use it, along with the rest of the snapshot and video settings. Play with it all while the aircraft is on but motors off, camera pointed in the direction of something interesting. No need to burn through batteries just to learn the camera.

Then, if you don't mind losing the instant gratification of being able to pull the SD card out to show off what you have captured, you could change the video capture to D-Log mode (and set your exposure and white balance manually). The problem with D-Log is that right off the card, without any additional processing, all the video will look flat, washed-out and lifeless. Then you install video editing software to process your videos and make 'em al dente.

There are tons of web sites and YouTube videos which explain what D-Log is and what color grading does. Google away.

But one step at a time!!!

And seriously, no shame in staying away from D-Log. But watch that histogram!!!
I shoot all of my video in D-Log and then process as needed. The Blue Heron Collection of Luts from Ground Control are perfect.

Reactions: alokbhargava

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel