Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 for 3.08 SOLVED -really!

aartsf said:
Hay opassac,
Yes you can upgrade the assistant to 3.6 and use channel 7 in an absoluut mode, without upgrading Zen IMU to v1006. Just don't click on the v1006 upgrade on de upgrade page of the Assistant; only when upgrading Zen IMU to v1006 causes channel 7 to get in an relative mode.
Kind regards FA
Yeah, mine works fine, too ... until I turn on the Vision app. I had not installed a tilt lever until last night, but I was of the impression that channel 7 had always worked until one turned on the Vision app. If so, the gain on that aspect was zero.

Re: Tilt Control OK with 1.0.0.6 Zen update!

Well, I installed my $10 tilt lever on the back of my standard RC transmitter (this after unwittingly installing the 1.0.0.6 update earlier this week). After calibrating it and selecting the Upgraded RC option, I found its actually going to be usable with the 1.0.0.6 Zen update - it has a much smoother action than the Vision app tilt control and its not to hard to find the center that holds the position of the camera tilt steady. I did find that with the Vision app tilt control turn ON, it still does do gross movements of the camera1(by tilting my Iphone) and at the same time, the tilt lever still works for fine movement. The position of the camera on the right bar is accurate when you enable the i-phone tilt feature so I know how close the camera is to horizontal or vertical.

It would still be nice to be able to choose absolute vs relative tilt but I think this will still work better than just the phone tilt feature alone.

Maybe the next update will do that fix.

DrTelemark said:
Well, I installed my $10 tilt lever on the back of my standard RC transmitter (this after unwittingly installing the 1.0.0.6 update earlier this week). After calibrating it and selecting the Upgraded RC option, I found its actually going to be usable with the 1.0.0.6 Zen update - it has a much smoother action than the Vision app tilt control and its not to hard to find the center that holds the position of the camera tilt steady. I did find that with the Vision app tilt control turn ON, it still does do gross movements of the camera1(by tilting my Iphone) and at the same time, the tilt lever still works for fine movement. The position of the camera on the right bar is accurate when you enable the i-phone tilt feature so I know how close the camera is to horizontal or vertical.

It would still be nice to be able to choose absolute vs relative tilt but I think this will still work better than just the phone tilt feature alone.

Maybe the next update will do that fix.

I also got my rear lever in the mail today. I had already done all the upgrades including the 1.0.0.6 zen update. Installed the lever and left the selection for the old TX, calibrated and the lever worked great in Absolute mode.....until I connected to the app, then the app tilt made the lever useless. I then went back in and changed the selection to the upgraded TX and that switched the lever to relative mode which I didn't like so I switched it back to the old TX selection. I did not try the app while it was set up with the upgraded TX and hopefully DJI will fix it for the old TX to be used in Absolute mode and not have the app kill it.

Rustynuts said:
I also got my rear lever in the mail today. I had already done all the upgrades including the 1.0.0.6 zen update. Installed the lever and left the selection for the old TX, calibrated and the lever worked great in Absolute mode.....until I connected to the app, then the app tilt made the lever useless. I then went back in and changed the selection to the upgraded TX and that switched the lever to relative mode which I didn't like so I switched it back to the old TX selection. I did not try the app while it was set up with the upgraded TX and hopefully DJI will fix it for the old TX to be used in Absolute mode and not have the app kill it.
I'm not a software designer, but it seems to me that all that's really necessary is to add an option to disable the tilt control within the Vision app, leaving the camera tilt to be adjusted by the absolute tilt control which is already operational on the transmitter with the existing software. How hard can that be?

DJI wants to sell lots of new RC's, I don't expect them to come up with a decent solution in a short while (if ever), not too disappointed with my € 6,55 lever but it seems to be useless, still will give it a try when it arrives, we'll see if there is a solution for this flaw by then ...

Will demand a € 6,55 discount on the new RC when I order it I guess ;) ...

mazo78 said:
how to enable ch 7 see this video
https://vimeo.com/110559795

Ok, that's excellent. Here's my question:

The Phantom 2V+ TX supposedly already has a 7th channel pot installed inside that is accessible through a hole in the back. Can't I use that pot with an aftermarket level and achieve the same results as you have in this video?

I'm really looking to be able to control the speed of the tilt, so a slow movement of the knob would give a slow tilt, and so forth.

Do I need to install a knob like you did in this video?

Thx

Hi

I have probably two noob question: is there any way to use the tilt control absolute if i was made the zenmuse upgrade 1.0.0.6? what do will make dji to solve for this trouble?

Thx in advance

There is no way to use "absolute" mode if you updated the zenmuse. I tried everything and went to every board.
Best solution:
Mod a dial control for the tilt. Did it last night and it works AWESOME.
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28434

Its fairly easy if you have even decent soldering skills. What a difference!

So it would be the button on top,
or a homemade spring-loaded lever :cool:

Mori55 said:
Or get the new controller !

Yes Morri,that is also a possibility :lol: :lol:
But solving a problem is also nice :cool:
Maybe I'll do it either :mrgreen:

M.Tigelaar said:
So it would be the button on top,
or a homemade spring-loaded lever :cool:

+home made spring loaded lever.

Re: Tilt Control with PS2 Joystick pot

I Really liked the idea of the progressive tilt for speed control, but the original lever had no center-return, and a knob seemed too awkward. I liked the original lever position, however, and the idea of utilizing unused digits (fingers ;-)) for control.

I modded a PS2 Thumb Joystick Pot and installed it on the bottom of the transmitter.
It's in about the same place as the original lever, and I can now control the rate and direction with my pinkie and/or ring finger.

The pot is 10K, and a bit sensitive, so I've ordered a 5K, which is the value of the original pot in the xmtr.

The Joystick Pot is under $4

Video of operation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JyYDBNXpB4

Attachments

• TILTDEMO.jpg
    TILTDEMO.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 292
Does anyone have a solution to use the lever in absolute mode after upgrading to 1.0.0.6? Or is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

It will not work in absolute once the Naza is updated.
Control is then center=off, up /down = progressive with speed control.

A.F.I.K., there is no way to downgrade once upgrade is done.

Is the gimbal 1.006 still an optional update? Or is it forced with the newest update. I am still on 3.2 and was hoping to add the lever by updating to the 3.04 / 3.08 method. I've been nervous about it because of all the changes and possible problems people have suffered. I have been following this for so long it is hard to tell when things are safe.
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl