Tile app for tracking

Reaction score
Good afternoon. Has anyone tried the tile app for tracking? Says it can record on gps the last known place. Works with bluetooth for close range to beep so you hear it. But I was thinking this is small, light, and records the last known position to gps. Anyone looked into this? Not a real tech guy here. Love to fly but leave the tech stuff to the engineer type guys. lol

https://www.thetileapp.com/?gclid=C...4X5vP93xw1W2cN6A8WA9oBoCsGXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is not a GPS tracker and will only be helpful if you're within about 100' of your Phantom. If a GPS tracker is what you're really after, then try a Trackimo -- or, another from this list of commonly used Phantom trackers:

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Last edited:
I had one of them and to even say it sucked the big one would be an understatement. Not only do you need to be almost right on top of it and with in 100 feet or closer to even pick up its location. Some times it will report its locaton and be as much as 100 feet or more off from were it really is.
Tho the beacon chirping thing might be handy if you happen to be looking for it and are right on it but cant see it and want to listen for the sound. Like if its in tall grass or behind some thing or up in a tree and just happen to not be seeing it even tho you are right were its at.

If I had paid money for it I would of been very pissed about how crappy an unreliable it is. But glad that they gave it to me for free to test it out being its not even worth a postage stamp to send it back.

I could not find any much usable use for it other then if I wanted to use it for the chirp which works if you are in range to get the chirp sound to activate. I was thinking of maybe putting it on one our cats that is strictly and indoor cat who likes to play hide and seek and make my old lady accuse me of accidentally letting her out of the house. If more then 5 seconds goes by were she cant find her.

Reactions: dirkclod
Im using one mainly for its ability to make a loud audio tone emmit from the drone and using the same phone i use for fpv too. If u ever lost a drone from a ling way out and only have a general gps location (we all know gps markers can be off by several tens of feet at times) .

Or sometimes there is a thick canopy of trees or bushes or all sorts of real world variables you may encounter that make it hard to find by sight once arriving in the proposed area of the downed drone.

Given how tiny it is and i already got an 8pack laying around its worth it for me. Ide say its worth buying one just for the added remote activated audible beep feature. Dji needs to make that a standard feature on their drones and maybe put some other advancements into drone recovery and ideas like that. Maybe they could use a seperate mini battery so its stand alone and long outlasts the drones main batt jic your drone is dead already etc.. it should also power the lights ;blinking & beeping could help so much at night especially if u cant find it all day. You just wait until it gets dark then u just find the lights which could be huge in many situations like that.

Most all trackers ive seen just help u locate it using one tech or another but doesnt make the drone itself light up or make noise etc. maybe the tile is actualy more valuable than realized once u get off the idea of a full stand alone tracker. it would be an addition to your other tracking solutions. The tone is acceptionaly loud so it serves its purpose well

Last edited:
I just bought a rfv16 gps tracker . I haven't gotten it yet but u need a simm card installed also. Pretty inexpensive @ $25 & have read good things about so I hope it works for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well I have tried 2 different SIM cards and can not get this RFV18 to work. Like a Chinese puzzle to get it to bind. Guess I'm going to buy a trackimo.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl