P4P Fell Out of Sky For No Reason - DAT file attached

No, those were the latest ones. I now believe that the flight did not last 21 minutes. That time was based on the so-called “flight map“ (not sure what it’s called precisely) that my friend that I observed at the time, under stressful conditions. The.txt file seems to be a more logical representation of what actually happened, looking back on it.

One additional question, however: under all these adverse conditions of compass error, yaw error, Perhaps no GPS signal, is the drone designed to descend immediately at its current location, rather than returning to home? Such seems to be the case, though I thought I had read that loss of communications will trigger an auto RTH mode.

though I thought I had read that loss of communications will trigger an auto RTH mode.
It will, however, with a compass error, the aircraft cannot RTH. Also, is this your launch point. I would venture to bet there is quite a bit of re-bar or structure metallic's that could throw the compass off. This is the first 30 seconds of the data.
Capture.PNG

Sorry, BudWalker. I did not see your second post until after I submitted mine. Is that image produced from the.DAT file? Is it possible to see a more extensive view, as I don’t recognize that as the launch location. It could be however. I believe the drone probably was facing north at launch, but the launch point is on the north side of the property I was preparing to shoot. 370 East Ave., at the corner of East Avenue and Alexander Street, Northwest corner. The flight proceeded in an easterly, then northeasterly direction from there. My VO and I had visual contact for several minutes, then lost it. During that time I was attempting to gain control of it and bring it home in ATT I mode. I also don’t recall that toilet bowling activity that close to the launch site and time. Though, again, that could be a faulty memory.

Sorry, BudWalker. I did not see your second post until after I submitted mine. Is that image produced from the.DAT file? Is it possible to see a more extensive view, as I don’t recognize that as the launch location. It could be however. I believe the drone probably was facing north at launch, but the launch point is on the north side of the property I was preparing to shoot. 370 East Ave., at the corner of East Avenue and Alexander Street, Northwest corner. The flight proceeded in an easterly, then northeasterly direction from there. My VO and I had visual contact for several minutes, then lost it. During that time I was attempting to gain control of it and bring it home in ATT I mode. I also don’t recall that toilet bowling activity that close to the launch site and time. Though, again, that could be a faulty memory.
1569767842348.png

Yes, my mistake, that is the parking lot from which I took off. See the attached 3-D map. For what it’s worth, there is currently a huge demolition project going on directly across Alexander Street, which the drone subsequently flew over, add fairly low altitude. I should also state that The drone had been having intermittent compass error problems for several days prior to this trip. However I had calibrated the compass at another location that morning, and on a test flight with no issues. Also the first flight of the morning on site, crossed East Avenue, was totally without incident, so my confidence was building. But I was certainly a little nervous about flying in that location, based on some previous erratic behavior, though nothing like this. A couple of cases I had lost GPS , And been able to return it safely in ATTi mode.

Attachments

• CDD1FB42-ED50-40EB-B2D2-61B8A1FDBA51.jpeg
    CDD1FB42-ED50-40EB-B2D2-61B8A1FDBA51.jpeg
    853.9 KB · Views: 109
Fly Dawg, that is definitely the takeoff location. Thank you. See my prior text for further details.

Prior to launch you can check that the red triangle heading indicator on the map is consistent with the actual AC heading. This is the best way to prevent incidents like this. It's really unfortunate that this procedure is not mentioned in any DJI documentation.

Prior to launch you can check that the red triangle heading indicator on the map is consistent with the actual AC heading. This is the best way to prevent incidents like this. It's really unfortunate that this procedure is not mentioned in any DJI documentation.
Thanks for that info. A very good suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers