This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Yeah.... I thought my FPVLR was big until I looked up the terminator lmfao. HUGE!
Yeah but those big panels perform like nothing else, I just took the P3a out with the max boosted 55,700 feet and back,
Couldve done the same w/ the Terminator unboosted[emoji41]

Last edited:
Ohhhhh my bad. I misread it, I thought was a rf power meter

I have a question... I have been noticing the P3A has been going on sale, well reduced on Amazon. While I'm happy with the range I'm getting, the Advanced obviously goes further but my question is how much further can it go then my Standard? Without a battery mod. With my Standard I'm getting 2.3-2.4 miles, I'm assuming the battery will be the weak link.

I have a question... I have been noticing the P3A has been going on sale, well reduced on Amazon. While I'm happy with the range I'm getting, the Advanced obviously goes further but my question is how much further can it go then my Standard? Without a battery mod. With my Standard I'm getting 2.3-2.4 miles, I'm assuming the battery will be the weak link.
What antenna are you using with your standard to get two plus miles

Reactions: dirkclod
So I can definitely get a lot of added range with the advanced and stock battery. Decisions decisions lol

In all honesty the standard does everything I want it to do...maybe just bit by the distance bug lol

An EMF meter is not in line. It measures what's moving through the air. I don't know why you'd want to attenuate the signal...

The numbers your getting w/ your standard/dbs unboosted is on par w/ what I got early in the post! With a few tweaks your standard is probably capable of some great distance
Tweaks maybe added to first post for reference?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I knew that would hit home.... Don't get so upset bud!
Nope, not upset at all MT , just kidding around with you. It is a luxury when your fly distance to have an open area like I do, although as far as emergency landings go I'm running out of room because the fields are starting to grow and what used to be miles of dirt is now 3 foot high corn soon to be 8 foot high

image.png image.png image.png Hey people!

My first post.. Came here to check out the distances people were getting with stock because I'm experiencing more than double the listed abilities on my box (phantom 3 4K - 1200m max distance) and that makes me happy! I love my drone and I fly over water ALWAYS.. kinda worries me with all these people reporting phantoms dropping outta the sky. I've had mine 500m up over water.... It would suck to loose it that way.

Anyways here are my most recent very long flights getting near 3km. Pretty awesome .. Hard to filter through these forums on an iPhone .. Not sure if that is good for stock. Will be checking this out on a computer later to see some other people's results.

Last edited:
Nope, not upset at all MT , just kidding around with you. It is a luxury when your fly distance to have an open area like I do, although as far as emergency landings go I'm running out of room because the fields are starting to grow and what used to be miles of dirt is now 3 foot high corn soon to be 8 foot high
8 Ft is the tallest you deal with? AHH SO LUCKY!!! Man... can I come visit? :) :)

Welcome Joe, you can hang out over here. I'd say 9 to 10,000 feet is pretty good for stock don't you. I can't imagine how good you would fly once you start going in a straight line, I could only guess you're losing reception because your flights are a little bit crooked. No big deal though you'll be fine flying over the water long as you mind your manners where the winds concerned and battery percentage

Welcome Joe, you can hang out over here. I'd say 9 to 10,000 feet is pretty good for stock don't you. I can't imagine how good you would fly once you start going in a straight line, I could only guess you're losing reception because your flights are a little bit crooked. No big deal though you'll be fine flying over the water long as you mind your manners where the winds concerned and battery percentage

LOL ya I know I'm all over the place on my way out.. i usually stop and grab a couple of images here and there which creates some movement and spinning for panos.. ill definitely see if theres a difference if go out in a straight line, though I do feel as though I begin to loose signal and have to adjust my hands to find the sweet spot and sometimes adjusting my line also gives me a full signal back all of a sudden. I think the different pockets of humidity and heat coming off of the water have an effect on the signal at great distances so sometimes I'm searching for just the right angle for proper control before it sends me back home.

Anyways 9-10,000 feet is amazing much more than I expected! Very happy and i haven't seen my phantom stray more than an inch so I don't really expect it to fall out of the sky any time soon. Definitely following the charge your battery to 100% rule and never really bothering with windy days. Max 10-15kp/h is where I've drawn my invisible line.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT