This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

What's the ideal altitude to maximize distance?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

For which antennas. I like some what low 125 ft. That is on flat ground. The best is trail and error. If you have trees it's going to be higher than mine.

Ive been getting my best speeds, coming and going at lower altitudes(under 200') and these new antennas make that possible

For which antennas. I like some what low 125 ft. That is on flat ground. The best is trail and error. If you have trees it's going to be higher than mine.
I just got the DBS mod. Right now I'm in Michigan visiting my parents, and huge trees everywhere and altitude shifts.

I just got the DBS mod. Right now I'm in Michigan visiting my parents, and huge trees everywhere and altitude shifts.

Sounds just like my house. What you need to do is find a gap between the trees, then stand at the highest point and fly between the gap - remembering the 400 ft rule. But also remember the AGL rule which means, for example, if the elevation increases a mile out, so does the height you can fly relative to home point...

Reactions: dirtybum
How far are you guys getting with just the DBS mod? I'm getting 1.5 miles, but in an area with a lot of trees.

P3A with GL300A cobtroller did 21,200 feet with lots of WiFi interference. Landed with 8% I believe. I didn't know I could hold my breath that long. Edited for spelling.

Only got 8800 today... weird sort of the same direction, i did fly higher to clear the trees, but the cross wind was pretty bad.

Only got 8800 today... weird sort of the same direction, i did fly higher to clear the trees, but the cross wind was pretty bad.
I wouldn't read too much into it could've been any number of things a different day makes a difference sometimes in the same great flight path. I fly like the same five paths, and I usually know what to expect from each of them, but some days will just throw bad signal in there. Another thing, when you're super high in the air it's harder to aim then when you keep it low and just raise altitude little bits at a time

Does anyone have a video of using just the DBS mod? What's the max you've gotten with it? I got 8,500 over a lake today. Probably could have gone longer, but the smart return to home kicked in and I didn't wanna take any more chances.

with the DBS i went 19000, today 8800 and another 6400, I'm really happy with it !!, glad everyone recommended it over other options !

with the DBS i went 19000, today 8800 and another 6400, I'm really happy with it !!, glad everyone recommended it over other options !
For me, video reception is way better. A lot of times the remote signal will cut out before the video.

Does anyone have a video of using just the DBS mod? What's the max you've gotten with it? I got 8,500 over a lake today. Probably could have gone longer, but the smart return to home kicked in and I didn't wanna take any more chances.

21,200 with DBS only and stock battery. I think I still have that video too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials