This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

The v-3 is designed to use a split dji battery tied together with a modded dji battery so they balance and charge as one. Yes you send them (2) before any does that check out these results. Most of us found it does not live up to the hype.
Horizon v-3 split power mod
Most of have gotten as good or better results with a normal modded smart bat and (2) 4s lipos
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459100919.656847.jpg

Reactions: SZNJ732
The v-3 is designed to use a split dji battery tied together with a modded dji battery so they balance and charge as one. Yes you send them (2) before any does that check out these results. Most of us found it does not live up to the hype.
Horizon v-3 split power mod
Most of have gotten as good or better results with a normal modded smart bat and (2) 4s liposView attachment 48675

Thank you!
Just finished reading your other thread. A lot of very useful info.

O.k. Guys got a chance to do a couple good flights with part two of these tests. Stock PIII standard, boosted DBS panel &( of course external bats)
22,500 last nite not in favorite spot. Had some signal issues towards the end had to climb up over 400 feet. Still good for stock Bird!
Then this morning, in one of my favorite flightpaths
30,000 ft turned at 55%
40,500' turned @55% landed 8% (Wow this is my personal best w/ ANY of the phantom series, and unexpected from the standard!)
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459181169.553653.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459181186.668368.jpg

I have screenshots I'll post later of 40,500 with almost full bars!
Pay no mind to the HD link where it says landed at 40% the flight is actually broke up into three flights because the signal on the way back was getting shotty! It was my second flight with that booster battery so it might've been getting weak!

40,000 is insane!! Unexpected!
This is only part2. (Stock birdside)
I didn't include only one 2.4 booster in my controller mod, mostly because I owned two and I already have the controller open. If you own one and want to leave one stock antenna inside the remote hooked up and only use one there would be no harm in that. For example, I don't know what everybody else is experiencing, but in all stages of these mods so far I lose control signal before Wi-Fi signal so I imagine (1) 5.8 booster (1) 2.4 booster would still work great as long as your antenna for your second 2.4 antenna was hooked up to something( dbs or stock)

Here's my controller, the top is my 5.8 (long antenna) booster, bottom is my 2.4(double helix antennas) booster. What if I had a booster for each helix instead of them sharing one? Guessing I would need another battery to power it?

http://i.imgur.com/OPIYCRv.jpg

Send me a pic of the top side. What do you mean the (2) 2.4's Are sharing a booster

That's a clean looking setup BeauS! It seems like it would work great. I dont think the 2nd 2.4 booster would be super crucial, are you getting bad results w/ that setup

That's a clean looking setup BeauS! It seems like it would work great. I dont think the 2nd 2.4 booster would be super crucial, are you getting bad results w/ that setup

I'm getting 9,000 ft, looking for more though!

I could not fly far than 200 meters at 100 meters altitude from home point within the city area. In most cases, it looses the signal at 100 meters((
So only the way to get good videos from P3S is to use Litchi GS mode and fly/capture video on autopilot.

Reactions: jeganx
Looks like yer gonna have to try 3 boosters then. U can do two 30 min flights w/ 4600mah (3 boosters

The 5.8ghz booster is for the control right? That's the one I should worry about first right? I have a 2000mw booster on that.

O.k. Guys got a chance to do a couple good flights with part two of these tests. Stock PIII standard, boosted DBS panel &( of course external bats)
22,500 last nite not in favorite spot. Had some signal issues towards the end had to climb up over 400 feet. Still good for stock Bird!
Then this morning, in one of my favorite flightpaths
30,000 ft turned at 55%
40,500' turned @55% landed 8% (Wow this is my personal best w/ ANY of the phantom series, and unexpected from the standard!)
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
View attachment 48756
View attachment 48757
I have screenshots I'll post later of 40,500 with almost full bars!
Pay no mind to the HD link where it says landed at 40% the flight is actually broke up into three flights because the signal on the way back was getting shotty! It was my second flight with that booster battery so it might've been getting weak!

That is crazy. 40,500 with full bars? unbelievable! that's gotta be a record for P3 standard i think.
good thing about standard its a lot lighter than Pro. def can get more outta that batt.
My top distance so far is almost 17,000'. im thinking this gonna be my max without doing a battery mod. When i got there i was at 60% battery left.
Maybe i can squeeze another 1,000' in but thats it, im gonna have to turn around and come home.
i don't even know what my max signal/distance limit is with my current set up, since i cant push it without risking running out of juice..

I think you're right about how light the standard is, if you can get the signal to last, it has great battery life even with a couple heavy lipos[emoji41]

Last edited:
The 5.8ghz booster is for the control right? That's the one I should worry about first right? I have a 2000mw booster on that.
5.8 is the control and that's the one that I seemed to lose first. Someone else who knows more may chime in, but I don't think you're going to see a difference between a 2, 2.5, 3,or even 4 watt booster one may be 30db and the other 36db boost but I have a couple 4 watts and I don't see any difference between them and my 2.5 W

5.8 is the control and that's the one that I seemed to lose first. Someone else who knows more may chime in, but I don't think you're going to see a difference between a 2, 2.5, 3,or even 4 watt booster one may be 30db and the other 36db boost but I have a couple 4 watts and I don't see any difference between them and my 2.5 W

Okay, there is a 4W 5.8ghz, most likely no noticeable difference from my 2W? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010OSRHDU/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_6

Cant say for sure that it's no better maybe someone else can chime in the knows more. But I'm guessing your 2 W is a 30-33 db boost and that one is a 36 which is as high as you can use. So one things for sure if you do get that one you got the best of the best!

I'm trying to understand how dual 2.4 antenna's, and the single 5.8 work in the Standard's Controller (with DBS)? How is that split? I guess I'm used to the P3/4 Controllers where are are only 2 antenna leads both @ 2.4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik