This is apparently common - my P4+ plummeted

Sorry to hear about your crash. Was the battery still in the drone when you found it or was it a distance away from it. If it had dislodged then you would expect it to be thrown away from the crash site with the impact.

Sorry to hear about your crash. Was the battery still in the drone when you found it or was it a distance away from it. If it had dislodged then you would expect it to be thrown away from the crash site with the impact.

Everything hit the edge of the roof of the house when it landed, the battery and a couple props were still on the roof while the rest had slid off onto the patio two stories below it.

I have multiple batteries and some fit looser than others... I worry that one day this will happen to me too. I have couple million dollar liability insurance just in case... I always pay particular attention to making sure the battery snaps into position properly.

Reactions: Jim Canada
I've started securing the battery with duct tape after making sure it's securely clicked in place. I stretch the tape hard as I stick it down to give pre-tension. It seems to hold it very snuggly in place no matter how hard I try to dislodge it. Thoughts anyone?

I've started securing the battery with duct tape after making sure it's securely clicked in place. I stretch the tape hard as I stick it down to give pre-tension. It seems to hold it very snuggly in place no matter how hard I try to dislodge it. Thoughts anyone?

Knowing the problem exists is half the battle , the Duct tape seems like a frustrating way to go, you should consider the wet suit as it creates a perfect seal and offer a ton of extra benefits to your phantom.

We offer the Forum members a discount
email me at [email protected]

Reactions: Capt KO
Hey guys - newbie here. Haven't done a forum in ages, but today on a real estate shoot after about 5 minutes of flight time, my P4 Pro+ lost power and just plummeted from about 200 feet up and crash landed on the roof of the $1.7 million dollar lake home I was shooting. After googling, I was able to pull the flight log, but have no way to transpose it. Also seems to be a common issue with these? Thanks in advance. View attachment 118580
yep this has happened before.
the battery becomes loose and disconects and than it crashes to the ground.happened quite often.

I have a friend who repairs DJI under warranty in the UK and can say that the P4 does often fall from the sky for no reason, very sad indeed. What do DJI say, nothing they usually just ok the repair without question

I feel your pain, and heartbreak.

Attachments

• DJI P4P 2019-09-23 - 07 FOUND IT.JPG
    DJI P4P 2019-09-23 - 07 FOUND IT.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 133
I'm confused (nothing new). Was the battery actually out of the compartment or dislodged when it crash-landed? In other words, why is battery ejection being discussed if the OP does not mention a missing battery (which it doesn't)?

I am so sorry to hear about your Phantom 4. I have read similar stories of the battery falling out. The batteries are know not to lock in 100% of the time. Part of my pre-flight check is to make sure that the battery is secure and will not come out. Not touching the release buttons I try to pull the battery out. It shouldn't! if it does then you may loose it. I also check my props to make sure they are secure too. It doesn't take much time but well worth it when you can bring your bird back home safely!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1