The names lucky....un-lucky

Reaction score
"Phantom number 4 please"

Ok, this is the story

1st phantom (P3S) went back due to bad wifi

2nd phantom (p3A) bad firmware couldn't be corrected

3rd phantom (P3A) gimble issues, so just now returned it

Question is... Should I put the money towards the mavic or try one last time. I adore the P3A and despite the added features on mavic, it's def nice to have, but it's something I don't really need as I never put the drone in a situation where I will need collision avoidance.

I do like the way it's smaller, compact but not enough to justify paying extra for that. Maybe the range and a bit more battery flight could swing it. But still not sure

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you sure your units were brand new and not refurbished?

Don't know if DJI is fully focusing on phantoms.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc

Ok, this is the story

Question is... Should I put the money towards the mavic or try one last time. I adore the P3A and despite the added features on mavic, it's def nice to have, but it's something I don't really need as I never put the drone in a situation where I will need collision avoidance.

I do like the way it's smaller, compact but not enough to justify paying extra for that. Maybe the range and a bit more battery flight could swing it. But still not sure

Sounds kind like my history / luck.
New PV2+ , bad out the box, FPV failing 5 to 10 secs.
Sent for repair, gone for six weeks.
6 months later, lost it in the woods.

New P3S, working fine, just getting confidence back, going to use to scout in the woods above the trees. Firmware update, remote control signal problems.
Sent it in for repair, gone for 4 weeks.

40+ hours total, 5 people looking, an hour just to drive there, 20 mins walking in the woods from the car to get to the search area.
Only got to look for my P2V+ with the P3S once, one flight, got rained out, then the snows came.

Flying and had strong over head winds 150', didn't make back on RTH dropped 225' when units battery quit.
Sent it in for repair, gone for 3 weeks. $286.00

New firmware comes out, had the option in the app shows you could downgrade. Did the upgrade, flew the next night. Had Remote control signals problems again. Firmware downgrade option still there, but the firmware was not.
Sent it in for repair, gone for 3 weeks.

2 Phantoms, repair 4 times, my fault 1. :rolleyes:

"I never put the drone in a situation where I will need collision avoidance."
Not Yet :eek:

Rod :)

Ok, this is the story

1312 nice round figure

Neon,

P3Pro. I have two of them and love them. I did however stay on old firmware and continue to use an older version of DJI Go and Litchi. I have the Mavic on order but my P3P's are rock solid. My favorite bird out of the P2V+v3, my 3dr Solo and my 2 P3Pro's. I opted out on the P4 as I didn't feel it was enough of an upgrade for the money when I wasn't concerned about object avoidance anyway. JMHO, of course.

Jerry

Sounds kind like my history / luck.
New PV2+ , bad out the box, FPV failing 5 to 10 secs.
Sent for repair, gone for six weeks.
6 months later, lost it in the woods.

New P3S, working fine, just getting confidence back, going to use to scout in the woods above the trees. Firmware update, remote control signal problems.
Sent it in for repair, gone for 4 weeks.

40+ hours total, 5 people looking, an hour just to drive there, 20 mins walking in the woods from the car to get to the search area.
Only got to look for my P2V+ with the P3S once, one flight, got rained out, then the snows came.

Flying and had strong over head winds 150', didn't make back on RTH dropped 225' when units battery quit.
Sent it in for repair, gone for 3 weeks. $286.00

New firmware comes out, had the option in the app shows you could downgrade. Did the upgrade, flew the next night. Had Remote control signals problems again. Firmware downgrade option still there, but the firmware was not.
Sent it in for repair, gone for 3 weeks.

2 Phantoms, repair 4 times, my fault 1. :rolleyes:

"I never put the drone in a situation where I will need collision avoidance."
Not Yet :eek:

Rod :)
Wow. How come you had to pay for the repair if you don't mind me asking. Was it not under the 12 months warranty

Neon,

P3Pro. I have two of them and love them. I did however stay on old firmware and continue to use an older version of DJI Go and Litchi. I have the Mavic on order but my P3P's are rock solid. My favorite bird out of the P2V+v3, my 3dr Solo and my 2 P3Pro's. I opted out on the P4 as I didn't feel it was enough of an upgrade for the money when I wasn't concerned about object avoidance anyway. JMHO, of course.

Jerry
I agree on that one. Don't need collision avoidance as I fly way above trees and buildings. Even the follow me mode is done above the tree line for me personally

Reactions: Jtrjr
Wow. How come you had to pay for the repair if you don't mind me asking. Was it not under the 12 months warranty
The heavy winds ran down my battery, 8 mins in to the flight I got low battery warning, told it to RTH It was about 700' short of making it back it did a auto landing, it actually would have landed but its location the ground was 300' lower than the take off point. It actually ran out of battery 75' below take of point. It dropped 225' strait down, wasn't fun to watch.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj