THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3

And those of us who love the work put into this don't forget to send a PayPal thank u!!! I did last week.

Sent from my PT beating heart

V. Apr-12-2016 is now available.

I've updated the "Before You Go", "Power Up" and "After EVERY Firmware Update or a Major Crash" sections.
I've added new info on battery life in the "Battery" section.
I've added "How to avoid Flyaways and Crashes" section.

Here's the link:
Dropbox - DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

BTW, Thanks to all of you who made a donation. It's REALLY appreciated

P.S. Flying season is almost here for me so stay tune for more updates to THE guide.

P.P.S. In case you are wondering (I'm sure you are not :)), I'm not getting a P4
(unless someone wants to give me a nice gift). I'm very satisfied with my P3P.
The P4 is way too expensive for what it brings extra over the P3P.
But hey, that's my personal opinion.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Buying a P4 today and using this as one of my first resourses.
Thanks again,
Good Karma your way....

To all Phantom 3 owners out there: this Help Guide is for YOU!
I'm sure it will help a lot of phantom's owners.

I'm the kind of guy who just hate to flip thru pages and pages of user's guideS looking for stuff when only the important things need to be easily found.
Soooo, I made this "little" guide for all the newbies(to be used as a startup guide) and not so newbies(to be used as a reference/reminder guide) out there.

Almost NOTHING is from me, except for the hours I spent looking/extracting/formatting/summarizing important information all over the place :).
BTW, if you see something you wrote, please let me know, I'll be glad to put your name on the list.
My sources were:
- My Ultimate Guide for the Phantom Vision & Vision+:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/the-ultimate-guide-for-all-phantom-vision-and-vision-owners.23597/
- Phantom Safety Guidelines Disclaimer
- Phantom Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
- Phantom User's Manual
- Comments found on the net
- Comments found on this site
- Personal experiences

I've extracted what I think is important to know, remember, never forget about flying these birds.

I'm open to comment, improvement, correction, new section, and so on. So feel free to contact me anytime.
This is a WIP-"Work in Progress". So if we work together we could made this thing THE Guide for the Phantom.

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj6qxe0xn96/DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safe and Take Care.

P.S. I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I might not answer your questions right away :)
Very nice, useful go-to compiliation! Have a safe, enjoyable holiday!

(P.S.: Do you have any suggestions where I can find information on how to resolve a malfunctioning gimbal on my P3S?

Might want to add a cautionary note to the section about flying indoors. I had a O-S moment not too long ago.

I was flying indoors on the first floor of a warehouse type building that used to be a construction factory of some sorts a century before. Solid concrete roof and concrete floor between upper and lower sections. I was flying fine and then all of a sudden, wham! It got squirly and totally freaked. I was flying without GPS but as I was working through the building, it got some GPS signals in one area and switched from P-Atti to P-GPS (looked at the logs later to see what happened). It wasn't an accurate lock and it flew into some drop wires and I got my first chipped prop. First time ever having to change props since I bought the birds.

So, if you are in a GPS free or marginal GPS area, make sure to switch to atti to prevent it from accidentally changing unexpectedly.

Also, dust in indoor ares. Not fun with VPS. Same day, the prop wash stirred up some dust on top of lighting fixtures and the VPS tried to follow the dust thinking it was trying to stay still and not realizing the floor (dust) was moving. Didn't hit anything but it was a control nightmare until the sensor re-acquired the real ground after I got it out of the dust plume.

So just be aware of your settings and what can happen with sudden GPS acquisition(or loss) and also dust/debris affecting the VPS.

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl