THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3

Reaction score
To all Phantom 3 owners out there: this Help Guide is for YOU!
I'm sure it will help a lot of phantom's owners.

I'm the kind of guy who just hate to flip thru pages and pages of user's guideS looking for stuff when only the important things need to be easily found.
Soooo, I made this "little" guide for all the newbies(to be used as a startup guide) and not so newbies(to be used as a reference/reminder guide) out there.

Almost NOTHING is from me, except for the hours I spent looking/extracting/formatting/summarizing important information all over the place :).
BTW, if you see something you wrote, please let me know, I'll be glad to put your name on the list.
My sources were:
- My Ultimate Guide for the Phantom Vision & Vision+:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/the-ultimate-guide-for-all-phantom-vision-and-vision-owners.23597/
- Phantom Safety Guidelines Disclaimer
- Phantom Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
- Phantom User's Manual
- Comments found on the net
- Comments found on this site
- Personal experiences

I've extracted what I think is important to know, remember, never forget about flying these birds.

I'm open to comment, improvement, correction, new section, and so on. So feel free to contact me anytime.
This is a WIP-"Work in Progress". So if we work together we could made this thing THE Guide for the Phantom.

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj6qxe0xn96/DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safe and Take Care.

P.S. I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I might not answer your questions right away :)

I Think it's great! Thank you for your work.

Looks pretty good. Maybe some will be used in the soon to be released wiki we hear about so often!

One minor suggestion to this part:
After landing, execute the CSC command or hold the throttle at its lowest position for 3 seconds or more until the motors stop.
I know than manual says CSC once landed to stop the motors, but in real life this has been shown to often lead to flip overs. My feedback would be to only promote the left stick down for three seconds as the way to stop the motors once landed (or stopped descending in the case of hand catch).

Also, speaking of left stick down to stop motors. One of the most asked questions is, "Will left stick all the way down while descending cause the motors to stop?" Maybe you can add a bolded comment noting clearly that left stick all the way down while descending is perfectly safe to do.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Maybe some will be used in the soon to be released wiki we hear about so often!

One minor suggestion to this part:
After landing, execute the CSC command or hold the throttle at its lowest position for 3 seconds or more until the motors stop.
I know than manual says CSC once landed to stop the motors, but in real life this has been shown to often lead to flip overs. My feedback would be to only promote the left stick down for three seconds as the way to stop the motors once landed (or stopped descending in the case of hand catch).

Also, speaking of left stick down to stop motors. One of the most asked questions is, "Will left stick all the way down while descending cause the motors to stop?" Maybe you can add a bolded comment noting clearly that left stick down while descending is perfectly safe to do.

Ok thanks. I'll do some adjustments.

As per the Left Stick all the way down while flying, it was already in my Ultimate Guide for the Vision, so I'll take that section and move it here.

BTW, does anyone knows how to reach M. Arthur L. Burke?
Because I used 2 of his documents AS IS in the guide and hope he doesn't mind.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your browser.

There's a new version update of "THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3" (v. Aug-12-2015) and it's available right NOW.

I've updated the guide with some new information.
Made a few corrections here and there.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

this really is great :)

Many thanks! It is very good. I am new to all of this and I have seen bits and pieces (e.g. "downgraded Play Services" WTF?).

Many thanks! It is very good. I am new to all of this and I have seen bits and pieces (e.g. "downgraded Play Services" WTF?).

Yep, that the only way to avoid the:
Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

I tested it and it worked!
Now, we must wait for a fix by DJI.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your browser...again ;)

There's a new version update of "THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3" (v. Aug-13-2015) and it's available right NOW.

I've updated/changed quite a few sections of the guide.

Here's the link:

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your browser...again

There's a new version update of "THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3" (v. Aug-14-2015) and it's available right NOW.

This is my best version ever!:)
I've added and updated quite a few sections of the guide.

Here's the link:

There's a new version update of "THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3" (v. Aug-14-2015) and it's available right NOW.

Here's the link:

Thanks. I'll share it at various sites, with credit to you of course.

Here's the link:

Thanks for sharing -- great resource!

Thank you very much for all the hard work you have put in here. As a total N00B that has not even unpacked the bird yet I will be scouring your write up before touching anything.

Marc

Yee haw! Thank you ... I understand the work and the satisfaction of helping others. Personally I have already been saved time and money by your info. THANK YOU AGAIN!

I've downloaded your guide onto my IPad and I'm half way through. I have to stop often to jot down valuable tips and cautions into a separate notebook. I plan to review occasionally. Thanks for sharing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues