The BEST H3-3D mod

Reaction score
41Y3pnxvTxL._SY300_.jpg

$15 H3-2D GoPro insert for the H3-3D. It's a simple drop in install, and no more dealing with that flimsy usb micro ribbon cable nonsense. After having the ribbon cable break on me 3 times (I had to order the third from DJI) I was done with that garbage. This mod will pay for itself easily. Highly recommended for anyone using a H3-3D and getting fed up with the ribbon cable!

41Y3pnxvTxL._SY300_.jpg

$15 H3-2D GoPro insert for the H3-3D. It's a simple drop in install, and no more dealing with that flimsy usb micro ribbon cable nonsense. After having the ribbon cable break on me 3 times (I had to order the third from DJI) I was done with that garbage. This mod will pay for itself easily. Highly recommended for anyone using a H3-3D and getting fed up with the ribbon cable!

You haven't mentioned if the GP is a hero 4 or 3+ Because that 30 pin connector will not work on the hero 4.

This was the standard in the H3-3D 1.0 until Gopro wanted to sue DJI for using their patented rear 30pin hero port. This why we have the H3-3D 1.1 with the side universal USB. Gopro went as far as disabling the Rear Hero Port in Gopro 4 series.

I read about that. And for that reason alone I will not be buying a Hero4. That and the 4 doesn't do anything more than the 3+ that makes it worth the purchase.
Thankfully there's basically no chance GoPro will be able to sue a Chinese manufacturer of a H3-3D 30-pin adapter.

I read about that. And for that reason alone I will not be buying a Hero4. That and the 4 doesn't do anything more than the 3+ that makes it worth the purchase.
Thankfully there's basically no chance GoPro will be able to sue a Chinese manufacturer of a H3-3D 30-pin adapter.

Once you install the 30 pin connector to replace the ribbon cable if it works or not. If I recall there was some else here that tried that mod and it didn't work.

I don't know what to tell you (or them). It worked for me, and it's the greatest modification I've done yet.
My only problem was when removing the screws on the zenmuse, one wouldn't let go, got stripped, and I had to dremel it out.
But it's so much better than that crappy ribbon cable and USB Micro plug.

Question for Mako79 or anyone that knows. Does the Hd-3D 1.1 leave a slot for me to install the 30 pin connector? A crash rendered my H3-3D 1.0 unrepairable so I'm hoping I can move the 30 pin connector to the new version of the gimbal.

Question for Mako79 or anyone that knows. Does the Hd-3D 1.1 leave a slot for me to install the 30 pin connector? A crash rendered my H3-3D 1.0 unrepairable so I'm hoping I can move the 30 pin connector to the new version of the gimbal.

You convert and revert to and from 1.0 to 1.1. They share the same flex cable with different ends.
All you need to do is purchase the part 56.

You convert and revert to and from 1.0 to 1.1. They share the same flex cable with different ends.
All you need to do is purchase the part 56.

You know that part 56 is the ribbon cable don't you and that wasn't his question. o_O

Last edited:
I read that 10 times trying to make sense of it. Nevertheless, I've ordered a new gimbal (assume it will be version 1.1) and am hoping for the best because I really want to be able to continue using the 30 pin connector.

I read that 10 times trying to make sense of it. Nevertheless, I've ordered a new gimbal (assume it will be version 1.1) and am hoping for the best because I really want to be able to continue using the 30 pin connector.

Here's a video on how to replace the ribbon cable with the 30 pin connector.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

here's the 30 pin connector on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-Video...062?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa898334e

Hi Jason. I should have qualified my post to make clear it was Mako79's response I was having difficulty deciphering, not yours! I really appreciate your post with the video but I'm the one who originally brought this mod to the attention of this forum http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/get-rid-of-the-usb-ribbon-cable.22798/ back in July 2014.

Anyway, my question is whether or not my 30 pin connector will work with version 1.1 of the H3-3D gimbal.

Thanks again for you help.

Hi Jason. I should have qualified my post to make clear it was Mako79's response I was having difficulty deciphering, not yours! I really appreciate your post with the video but I'm the one who originally brought this mod to the attention of this forum http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/get-rid-of-the-usb-ribbon-cable.22798/ back in July 2014.

Anyway, my question is whether or not my 30 pin connector will work with version 1.1 of the H3-3D gimbal.

Thanks again for you help.

Personally I don't think you'll be able to get the first version of that gimbal just like H3-2D gimbal is no longer available.

I don't know what to tell you (or them). It worked for me, and it's the greatest modification I've done yet.
My only problem was when removing the screws on the zenmuse, one wouldn't let go, got stripped, and I had to dremel it out.
But it's so much better than that crappy ribbon cable and USB Micro plug.

Ahhh. Sorry I missed read it.
The H33D mounting plate in both the 1.0 and 1.1 are the same. I purchased a 1.1 and reverted back to 1.0 (ebay $20 30pin connector) as I own the 3+BE. It felt more robust and it was easier to remove the memory card.
So yes you can move the 30pin to the 1.1.

Thank you Mako79! Good thing because the gimbal shipped today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.